The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

Well UK is back into national lockdown with an indefinite date on it 

Should have done it earlier. They are forced to do it now due to overwhelmed hospital system. Now people with non covid diseases will suffer too. 

• Vintage 2

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Should mention, I'm not overly happy with Schools being open in B.C., and have removed my self from the call list as a casual custodian; till I get the needle in my arm.

Expecting a big jump in numbers today, hoping not though.

to put it mildly.  I don't think anyone I know trusts this government nd heir numbers, especially around schools and kids.  I think we might see the whole system grind to a halt as teachers. eas, custodians etc take stress leaves in the next 3 months.  There simply isn't enough replacements to cover it

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

to put it mildly.  I don't think anyone I know trusts this government nd heir numbers, especially around schools and kids.  I think we might see the whole system grind to a halt as teachers. eas, custodians etc take stress leaves in the next 3 months.  There simply isn't enough replacements to cover it

I was willing to take the risk working a 2-10 shift as I'd start in  the empty rooms till school let out. There were occasions of kids getting too close but I was always masked up.

However the new variant, along with a lot people ignoring covid restrictions during Christmas, just makes it too risky.

Plus I'm helping out at the parents a bit more.

Full props to the people at the school board, very understanding, quality employer. Looking forward to go back, right after I get needled.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I have actually kind of wondered on some of the government's decisions. Like the New Year bars having to close at 8pm instead of 10pm. Is 2 hours really going to have an effect on covid if they're likely already spread what they're going to spread before that time?

But, you know, schools are open....

It's kind of like saying one thing in one aspect and then saying something completely different about another. So what's the message supposed to be then?

Edited by The Lock

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I have actually kind of wondered on some of the government's decisions. Like the New Year bars having to close at 8pm instead of 10pm. Is 2 hours really going to have an effect on covid if they're likely already spread what they're going to spread before that time?

But, you know, schools are open....

It's kind of like saying one thing in one aspect and then saying something completely different about another. So what's the message supposed to be then?

https://doodles.mountainmath.ca/blog/2021/01/02/bc-back-to-covid-school/

This gives me pause for thought.  

• Upvote 2

U.K. scientists worry vaccines may not protect against coronavirus variant found in South Africa

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid-19-vaccine-south-africa-variant-1.5860585

U.K. scientists expressed concern on Monday that COVID-19 vaccines being rolled out in Britain may not be able to protect against a new variant of the coronavirus that emerged in South Africa and has spread internationally.

Batten down the hatches.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, gurn said:

The US will end up at over 500,000, even if no one else gets covid-ever.

http://www.covid-19canada.com/

8,313,923 active cases multiply by 1.7%  = 141,336+ current dead 360,229 = 501,565

Canada 78,949 active,  mort rate 2.7%= 2,131 plus 15,926 current dead= 18,051.

The US is basically 9 times Canada population. If Canada was the same pop. we would have 162,513 dead.

The US screwed up their response to covid costing 339,000 extra lives.

No they didn't. Now that the year is over look at the CDC total deaths for 2020 and compare them to the last decade and please share what you find. Hint I was 100% correct months ago (long before the John Hopkins data came out that was removed because it didn't fit the narrative) when I said the death rate in the US is on pace to be exactly where it would have been without Covid. you have all been had and you are still eating up everything they are feeding you open your eyes.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 4

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

So essentially the BCCDC doing some f*^kery with their modelling, charts and slides to minimise the risk at schools.

Which is what every teacher I know has been saying all along.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

So essentially the BCCDC doing some f*^kery with their modelling, charts and slides to minimise the risk at schools.

They’re losing my trust more every day.

Edited by GSP*
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, surtur said:

No they didn't. Now that the year is over look at the CDC total deaths for 2020 and compare them to the last decade and please share what you find. Hint I was 100% correct months ago (long before the John Hopkins data came out that was removed because it didn't fit the narrative) when I said the death rate in the US is on pace to be exactly where it would have been without Covid. you have all been had and you are still eating up everything they are feeding you open your eyes.

You've been asked for a source, when the final numbers haven't been released.   This was from late last month, indicating that the preliminary numbers tell a different story there sparky.

Preliminary numbers suggest that the United States is on track to see more than 3.2 million deaths this year, or at least 400,000 more than in 2019.

US deaths in 2020 top 3 million, by far most ever counted

https://apnews.com/article/us-coronavirus-deaths-top-3-million-e2bc856b6ec45563b84ee2e87ae8d5e7

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, surtur said:

100% completely false information that was already disproven during our last convo. 

You owe me that apology if you've forgotten since deaths are still estimated to be way above expected. 

8 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Just to add how wrong surtur is.

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/calgary/2020/12/14/1_5231406.html

More Albertans have died from COVID in 10 months than in past 10 years of flu

And there is this.  Illustrates the US data:

255c037.png

I'm still trying to think of a post where @surtur was right. Usually people that dumb tend to stay quiet but he just can't help bellowing his idiocy at every opportunity. 

Put your hand down surtur, nobody wants to hear your flat earth style conspiracies.

Edited by Duodenum
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1