The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

As of Thursday, Oct. 28, 2021, 89.8% (4,160,780) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.9% (3,933,596) have received their second dose.

In addition, 90.2% (3,901,337) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 85.5% (3,697,157) have received their second dose.

B.C. is reporting 758 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 204,330 cases in the province.

There are 4,961 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 196,858 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 434 individuals are in hospital and 155 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

The new/active cases include:

• 329 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 2,153
  • 74 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 678
  • 108 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 664
  • 133 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 821
  • 114 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 586
  • no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
    • Total active cases: 59

In the past 24 hours, 10 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,147.

The new deaths include:

• Fraser Health: four
  • Interior Health: four
  • Northern Health: two

There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Tabor Manor (Fraser Health), for a total of 33 active outbreaks, including:

long-term care:

• Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village, Valleyhaven Retirement Community, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home (Fraser Health);
  • Amica Lions Gate, Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
  • Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House (Interior Health); and
  • Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).

acute care:

• Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
  • University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health).

assisted or independent living:

• Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence and Tabor Manor (Fraser Health).

From Oct. 20-26, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.7% of cases.

From Oct. 13-26, they accounted for 74.0% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (Oct. 20-26) – Total 4,066

• Not vaccinated: 2,365 (58.2%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 266 (6.5%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 1,435 (35.3%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 13-26) – Total 458

• Not vaccinated: 310 (67.7%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 29 (6.3%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 119 (26.0%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 20-26)    

• Not vaccinated: 288.6
  • Partially vaccinated: 87.1
  • Fully vaccinated: 33.4

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 13-26)

• Not vaccinated: 57.0
  • Partially vaccinated: 12.6
  • Fully vaccinated: 2.6

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,202,550 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0068-002065

• Thanks 1

We see the numbers dip below 500 and get excited, then realize it's for one day only and then it's back to near 800.

At some point something absolutely has to give, because right now it's looking like this vaxx passport will be around far longer than just January

5 hours ago, JM_ said:

what fun is that? trolling is so much better with lies, it would be like mashed potatoes without the gravy.

I had two friends who required heart medication after the vaccine and I'm a liar?   The hospital refused to connect it to the vaccine and therefore it wasn't reported as a vaccine reaction.  So it must be all good?  I checked my health passport and couldn't find a vaccine that required constant injections every 6 months or else be unemployed...

Edited by bolt

7 minutes ago, bolt said:

I had two friends who required heart medication after the vaccine and I'm a liar?   The hospital refused to connect it to the vaccine and therefore it wasn't reported as a vaccine reaction.  So it must be all good?  I checked my health passport and couldn't find a vaccine that required constant injections every 6 months or else be unemployed...

Were you called a liar?  

27 minutes ago, bolt said:

Decades later, Government is just trying to Protect Everyone and the smartest thing to fight of this Virus is for Everyone to get the vaccine. IMO our Borders should be closed, I do NOT like the negative Covid test 72hr prior rule...you can be around a lot of different people over that 3 days PRIOR to Entering Canada. International flights in should only be allowed for Canadians coming back home or serious family health issues, but they should need to quarantine for a week minimum before walking around.

We should have done a full lockdown like Australia and I think some other countries did. Problem is if the whole world doesn't do it then it eventually restrictions relax to then have things ramp up. Covid is here to stay, so we all need to stay safe and be careful and if we all got vaccinated it would help RELIEVE the pressure on our health care system as a whole

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, bolt said:

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

9 hours ago, bolt said:

so cool, the hospital says it wasn't connected, but you do. Good work, doc.

• Vintage 3

9 hours ago, bolt said:

Are you trying to imply that vaccine passports are new or that vaccination status has never been a requirement for a job? Or booster shots? or that there is going to be a constant booster every 6 months? 

we don't know if you're a liar or not but it is fantastical that you happen to have this anecdotal story that is extremely rare and completely backs up your opinion. Your story needs context. If what you say is true there must be something to show that backs it up. Even just a news article would do. Also why did they refuse? If you can't do any of that then yeah, you're probably a liar.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Yeah, nobody is being affected with heart issues from the Vax. https://www.westernjournal.com/sweden-suspends-moderna-shot-indefinitely-vaxxed-patients-develop-crippling-heart-condition/

The Twitter feed in this article points directly to the Ontario provincial numbers from their website. And an article from Bloomberg and studies directly from Harvard. Keep your head in the sand.

22 minutes ago, Surfbali said:

Yeah, nobody is being affected with heart issues from the Vax. https://www.westernjournal.com/sweden-suspends-moderna-shot-indefinitely-vaxxed-patients-develop-crippling-heart-condition/

The Twitter feed in this article points directly to the Ontario provincial numbers from their website. And an article from Bloomberg and studies directly from Harvard. Keep your head in the sand.

More people are developing heart issues form covid than there are from the vaccination

Vaxccinations given out are almost 6.5 billion, potential heart issues number in the low tens of thousands, much and most of which are easily treated myocarditis

Covid people, 4.98 million deaths, 246 million infected.  Estimates of almost 30 million with long term health issues including myocarditis/pericarditis

But sure, do go on about how the vaccine is worse or a higher risk issue.  Seems to me by sheer numbers alone it just doesn't look good for your argument

Covid vaccine: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/myocarditis.html

Covid itself: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/heart-problems-after-covid19

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2020/09/03/what-covid-19-is-doing-to-the-heart-even-after-recovery

It just doesn't look good for your argument if the risk of potential heart issues from the vaccine worry you but not from covid, but do keep your head in the sand and all that

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

More people are developing heart issues form covid than there are from the vaccination

Vaxccinations given out are almost 6.5 billion, potential heart issues number in the low tens of thousands, much and most of which are easily treated myocarditis

Covid people, 4.98 million deaths, 246 million infected.  Estimates of almost 30 million with long term health issues including myocarditis/pericarditis

But sure, do go on about how the vaccine is worse or a higher risk issue.  Seems to me by sheer numbers alone it just doesn't look good for your argument

Covid vaccine: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/myocarditis.html

Covid itself: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/heart-problems-after-covid19

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2020/09/03/what-covid-19-is-doing-to-the-heart-even-after-recovery

It just doesn't look good for your argument if the risk of potential heart issues from the vaccine worry you but not from covid, but do keep your head in the sand and all that

This is a supplemental to an article the authors published earlier, breaking it down.  The Supplemental Appendix PDF link in the letter here is the breakdown for vaccination and infection.  Ya, greater risk of developing myocarditis after infection, as 2 Edmonton Oilers players can attest.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2115045

Adverse Effects after BNT162b2 Vaccine and SARS-CoV-2 Infection, According to Age and Sex

The risk of myocarditis, which is considered to be the most potentially serious vaccine-associated adverse event, was increased after both vaccination and SARS-CoV-2 infection. After vaccination, the risk was increased mostly among young male adolescents and adults (16 to 39 years of age), with 8.62 excess events per 100,000 persons (95% confidence interval [CI], 2.82 to 14.35). After infection, the risk was increased in both age categories (<40 and ≥40 years) and in both male and female adolescents and adults, with 11.54 excess events per 100,000 persons (95% CI, 2.48 to 22.55) in young male adolescents and adults.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

• -SN- unpinned this topic