The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

People were restless and decisions were made based on pushback.

I feel like it was too early but I also accept that, for some, it was time and we all must just assume responsibility for ourselves. Some will be more apprehensive about jumping back in (me) and will continue to pick and choose what they do. I will continue wearing a mask for my family's sake, truth be told, if it was just me I'd throw them all away at this point. But, for them, I'll take the extra precautions for a bit longer. Dad's been having trouble breathing lately so that's a big factor for me.

To each his/her own time. It may cause spikes but we're all well equipped now in knowing what to do/not to do. Things could still shut down if needed.

I work in a school where I'm designated to supervise kids who are placed into isolation until their parents pick them up so I can't fully avoid sick people. I'm learning to not have too much anxiety and take steps to stay healthy. 

I feel like COVID's been a good reminder TO be more careful/mindful and wash hands/stay home when sick, etc. There was something to be learned in it all. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm going to have a hard time going back to those people.  I think I'm pretty content to cut them out of my life

oh yup. I particularly like it when they say "stop dividing us."

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Hopefully this can amount to something. I can't say I have faith that the anti-vaxxers/anti-maskers would be willing to use it. I also am a little skeptical about it being more effective than vaccinations, but it would be cool if it was.

I'm also not trying to be "that guy" that brings things down. I think hope is important so long as we don't give our hopes up if it's turns out not to be the case. Hope needs to be long term as evidenced by how long this has gone on for.

Edited by The Lock

59 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Hopefully this can amount to something. I can't say I have faith that the anti-vaxxers/anti-maskers would be willing to use it. I also am a little skeptical about it being more effective than vaccinations, but it would be cool if it was.

I'm also not trying to be "that guy" that brings things down. I think hope is important so long as we don't give our hopes up if it's turns out not to be the case. Hope needs to be long term as evidenced by how long this has gone on for.

I have more faith in Darwinism working on them.  Big issue though is how many of these turds are they doing to take down with their tin foil hats.  

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I have more faith in Darwinism working on them.  Big issue though is how many of these turds are they doing to take down with their tin foil hats.  

Main issue is their echo chamber really. A lot of these people live in areas and around people with similar ideas. My brother works with some of them in a rural area and he's left having to stay quiet because they just all state false claims and agree with each other. They aren't really willing to listen to outside of their group.

• Cheers 1

On 4/17/2022 at 7:39 AM, stawns said:

We don't get to decide when COVID is done

When you can be in a stadium with 18,000 over people, not wear a mask, and have a safe fun time, then I'm pretty sure its over. Way bigger things like inflation and war to deal with now, time to turn the page.   

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

When you can be in a stadium with 18,000 over people, not wear a mask, and have a safe fun time, then I'm pretty sure its over. Way bigger things like inflation and war to deal with now, time to turn the page.   

It's not over because politicians decide they don't want to risk votes anymore.  Numbers are going back up, hospitalizations are going up, deaths will soon follow

21 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

We'll likely be taking steps back before getting to this in my opinion. There will be/already are more variants coming and cases WILL go up. I also wouldn't be surprised if another smaller lockdown happens eventually.

I get wanting things to get back to normal but let's not be stupid about this due to impatience.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, The Lock said:

We'll likely be taking steps back before getting to this in my opinion. There will be/already are more variants coming and cases WILL go up. I also wouldn't be surprised if another smaller lockdown happens eventually.

I get wanting things to get back to normal but let's not be stupid about this due to impatience.

Things are very manageable now, there is no reason to not go back to living our lives if you are a healthy individual. If your feeling under the weather stay home. People should go to events, vacations, and parties just wash your hands and say it don't spray it. There are not more variants at the moment just sub variants, I dont think it is likely we see another variant but who knows. 

13 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Things are very manageable now, there is no reason to not go back to living our lives if you are a healthy individual. If your feeling under the weather stay home. People should go to events, vacations, and parties just wash your hands and say it don't spray it. There are not more variants at the moment just sub variants, I dont think it is likely we see another variant but who knows. 

We don't really know where we currently stand and it's only been a matter of weeks since we ditched masks and cases are rising.

You don't think more variants are coming?  How did you come to that conclusion?

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

We don't really know where we currently stand and it's only been a matter of weeks since we ditched masks and cases are rising.

The extremely high R value of Omicron will make it difficult for new variants to dethrown it as top dog. Its not impossible but I dont think it is a likely scenario either. 

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

The extremely high R value of Omicron will make it difficult for new variants to dethrown it as top dog. Its not impossible but I dont think it is a likely scenario either. 

BA2 did though subvariant.  Every time we think it can’t get more infective it seems to. 
Will be curious to see when the Omicron specific vaccination comes out. Has been in trials for a while. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

With all due respect, I think I'd rather trust an expert there instead of your thoughts.  Can you provide a source to back this up?

Whether Omicron mutates into another more deadly variant is out of our control, just live your life while you can. If it does it will be likely in a country with a large population and low vaccination rates.  

Edited by Bure_Pavel

4 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Whether Omicron mutates into another more deadly variant is out of our control, just live your life while you can. If it does it will be likely in a country with a large population and low vaccination rates.  

When did we stop living our lives?  Masks and vax passports don't stop us from anything, it's just like a seatbelt in a car.  

I'm not against taking them off, I just don't think the timing was anything more than political 

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

BA2 did though subvariant.  Every time we think it can’t get more infective it seems to. 
Will be curious to see when the Omicron specific vaccination comes out. Has been in trials for a while. 

Covid is not going anywhere, just have to learn to live with it and enjoy life. Being triple vaxxed and generally a clean person, I decided to stop worrying about it and has resulted in a lot less stress in my life. I have been to a lot of public places since covid started and haven't got the virus once.    

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Covid is not going anywhere, just have to learn to live with it and enjoy life. Being triple vaxxed and generally a clean person, I decided to stop worrying about it and has resulted in a lot less stress in my life. I have been to a lot of public places since covid started and haven't got the virus once.    

Learning to live with it means learning to make adjustments to keep it manageable. Pretending it's over isn't "living with it"

• Cheers 1