The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

What day(s) did the Quebec number go up so fast?

For the longest time they were trailing BC, AB and ON. Now they have the most cases.

Today.  Shot up from 200 something to over 600.

3 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

What day(s) did the Quebec number go up so fast?

For the longest time they were trailing BC, AB and ON. Now they have the most cases.

i just checked the fed gov't site

which shows a break down of stats by province

i do not see what you report

i see quebec having less then 1/.2 the cases as bc

as at 11 am this morning

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Oh that's right, this pandemic will cap out at 2000 cases and 95 deaths in WA state.  It won't go up much further folks.  It's all under control.

How about posting another one of your great graphs to make your point. 

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, samurai said:

Numbers are going up because they are testing more.  The key data is ICU hospitalizations and number of beds available.  Get back to work!

um, they will likely pass china within the week

the death count in the usa is increasing by 100+ a day

that has nothing to do with testing

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Or, the 22 yr old may go on welfare for the rest of his life and bleed the system more?

The 60 yr old that supported the system,paid his taxes has earned his health care

Either way tough decision for medical to play god with who lives

Even if everyone stayed inside

We have homeless roaming the streets,sharing cigarettes,joints etc

You cant lock all them in a house

I don't see how it will end soon

The effort isn't about ending the pandemic.  It is about 'flattening the curve' which lessons the # of infections.  That way, it provides time to recharge the healthcare systems and essential services.  There will likely be several waves of infection increases, but hopefully each time it will be fewer and the flattening of the curve procedures will be less invasive.  Eventually there will be a vaccination.

3 minutes ago, samurai said:

Numbers are going up because they are testing more.  The key data is ICU hospitalizations and number of beds available.  Get back to work!

What's your deal, anyways? Why such the contrarian attitude towards the severity of this worldwide health emergency? 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, samurai said:

You keep telling yourself that.  See you in a few months when numbers are in the millions worldwide.

8 minutes ago, samurai said:

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

What's your deal, anyways? Why such the contrarian attitude towards the severity of this worldwide health emergency? 

He hasn't made the link between number of cases to number of ICU cases yet.  He'll catch up in a few months. 

The whole world is shutting down borders because we're all just panicking for no reason.  This will all blow over soon... :rolleyes:

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

um, they will likely pass china within the week

the death count in the usa is increasing by 100+ a day

that has nothing to do with testing

Simulations of the death toll in the US are around 35,000 for the 'run' of this virus.  These projections are by people who do it for a living.  And the key point is that unfortunately these deaths will occur regardless because there is no cure.  The key point is do you want all those right now in a very short period or having it spread out.  All the measures happening right now are to stop everything at once.  For studying the US it is probably better to look state by state rather than the whole picture. 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

He hasn't made the link between number of cases to number of ICU cases yet.  He'll catch up in a few months. 

The whole world is shutting down borders because we're all just panicking for no reason.  This will all blow over soon... :rolleyes:

Right, I forgot. Because Japan. Where he lives. He's the authoritative voice during all of this.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, samurai said:

Simulations of the death toll in the US are around 35,000 for the 'run' of this virus.  These projections are by people who do it for a living.  And the key point is that unfortunately these deaths will occur regardless because there is no cure.  The key point is do you want all those right now in a very short period or having it spread out.  All the measures happening right now are to stop everything at once.  For studying the US it is probably better to look state by state rather than the whole picture. 

i do not think you really appreciate the difficulty the virus is posing to ny state

your stats might be conservative

if applied to that state alone

i doubt governor cuomo agrees with your assessment of the usa situation

and for the purposes of this thread

if you wish to use experts to back up your position

i suggest you provide a link to what you have read

otherwise i doubt what you say when you vaguely suggest you are supported by any authority

Edited by coastal.view
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, samurai said:

Yeah ok. 

"Sweeping new federal recommendations announced on Monday for Americans to sharply limit their activities appeared to draw on a dire scientific report warning that, without action by the government and individuals to slow the spread of coronavirus and suppress new cases, 2.2 million people in the United States could die."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/us/coronavirus-fatality-rate-white-house.html