The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Could do it, either at the gym or rotating staff meetings.  Maybe even "PA" staff meetings.  There are work arounds there.

Ultimately is it worth the risk?  That I don't know.

Absolutely not worth the risk.   Once again the BC government failing to take precauations with BC citizens.

WE need our government to step up and do the right thing. 

Our youth's education will be fine. All students will be moved to the next grade. ......Families can use this time at home to play board games,,, bake,..... read books and talk....

Seniors getting this virus will not be fine.  Lost my MIL 3 days ago to pneumonia....   thought it was Covid but it ended not being that.

• Huggy Bear 1

I wish more proactive action was taken back in Jan and Feb to ensure we would have good amount of extra medical supplies for our HCPs in preparation to face the virus when/if it hits us....

Maybe China will send us back 16 tonnes of supplies...but highly doubt it. Picture is from the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong & Macao Facebook page.

FB_IMG_1584694883332.jpg

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

Funny you mention this.  There are actually a few districts in the province that are already back this week.  It looks like they are all primarily doing a 'planning' week with most staff working from home.  Reality is most parents will not be sending their kids into a situation where there is a high probability of spreading the virus.  I know I wouldn't.

A planning week.... are you kidding me...  They should call that a WEEK of giving the virus to their entire teaching staff.... who can then spread it through their community....

MAKES NO SENSE.     People need to bunker down and isolate at home.   We will lose seniors from irresponsible government policy like this. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

A planning week.... are you kidding me...  They should call that a WEEK of giving the virus to their entire teaching staff.... who can then spread it through their community....

MAKES NO SENSE.     People need to bunker down and isolate at home.   We will lose seniors from irresponsible government policy like this. 

They're working from home... hence 'planning' lessons.

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

No you are  WRONG.... BC  Teachers are working from school all next week.  Meetings as a staff.    MAKES no sense. 

I'm not wrong.  The Ministry has downloaded the task to individual districts.  Every district will do things a bit differently, but majority that I have heard from so far are finding ways to keep most staff at home.

As I mentioned in a previous post, there are already districts back in session this week.  The teachers are not all at schools.  In fact, most are not.

Edited by HKSR
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm not wrong.  The Ministry has downloaded the task to individual districts.  Every district will do things a bit differently, but majority that I have heard from so far are finding ways to keep most staff at home.

As I mentioned in a previous post, there are already districts back in session this week.  The teachers are not all at schools.  In fact, most are not.

Most BC teachers are on spring break this week.  They have to report to school all next week for a planning week.  After the planning week, they will support their students online.

I am not sure where you get your info from.

I had to wander out to the bank to sign some mortgage papers and I kid you not there’s a guy standing behind me paying no attention to distance so I can here him talking about how he just got released as the jails are emptying Chunks of people out.

....right now I’m wondering if getting my mortgage deferred is worth it :picard:

Edit:  in front of me a girl is wining about nothing being opened in the mall.....

further edit:  the people in front of me wining about the mall are now Working on looking at the bright side with the people behind me.... ‘at least this isn’t as bad as the welfare lineup’..... Should have just gone bankrupt :picard:

Edited by J-Dizzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I have my information internally.  Without revealing my exact position with an exact district, all I can say is I am in a high level senior position at one of the 60 districts in the Province for information straight from the Ministry, BCTF, and support staff unions. 

We are all waiting to see what the government plans next.  Teachers are responsible for continuity of learning (don't read this as continuity of curriculum).  Support staff will likely be called upon for the actual care of children (read this as EAs for the most part).  Both unions have an 'unsafe work conditions' clause that will likely come into play.  There are so many moving parts with information coming at us in rapid succession that we are having conference calls every other day to determine next steps.  Our district in particular are not sending any teachers (or staff) into the schools unless absolutely necessary.  A principal or VP will be on site for direction (read that as ONE individual). 

Well, SD22 (Vernon) is sending their teachers back to school on Monday - unless something changes.  

• Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, Baggins said:

They'll pass Italy for total cases by the end of the week. But they already hit #1 in the world for active cases. I'm surprised Trump hasn't started the "we're number one" chant.

So, maybe that wall is the right thing to do after all eh?

9 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I had to wander out to the bank to sign some mortgage papers and I kid you not there’s a guy standing behind me paying no attention to distance so I can here him talking about how he just got released as the jails are emptying Chunks of people out.

....right now I’m wondering if getting my mortgage deferred is worth it :picard:

Edit:  in front of me a girl is wining about nothing being opened in the mall.....

That's something I've always found odd....

In this day and age, you still have to go into the bank and sign a mountain of paperwork for mortgages, etc. We should have had a digital system set up for this ages ago....

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Well, SD22 (Vernon) is sending their teachers back to school on Monday - unless something changes.  

Not sure what the directive here in SD52 is, but I'm a bit surprised that BCTF doesn't have something to say about that.....:unsure:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Well, SD22 is also the same district that permitted their kids to travel overseas as recent as just 2 weeks ago when Europe was in full blown Covid madness:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/279188/Vernon-high-schools-still-travelling-amid-coronavirus-concerns

Like I said, each district will be a bit different.

• Cheers 1