The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

There are not enough tests for that to occur.

They won't even test me before I go back to work in a couple days as an emergency services worker. They say the 14 day self isolation is enough. It is ALL about the lack of tests.

Man I sure hope they figure that out . Could drastically reduce the spread if they knew for sure if someone was clear of the virus.

thank you so much for the work all of you are doing  

happy hour drinking GIF

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

:picard:

I see your :picard: and double it :picard::picard:!

No thanks to emergency ART funding lol.

Edit: instead of ART funding, funnel it all to nurses!! Something that actually matters!!

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I see your :picard: and double it :picard::picard:!

No thanks to emergency ART funding lol.

Edit: instead of ART funding, funnel it all to nurses!! Something that actually matters!!

The total stimulus package in Germany is over €750B. Do some research.

• Wat 1

Just now, Lionized27 said:

The total stimulus package in Germany is over €750B. Do some research.

I dont care how much it is.

ART simply should not be given any of that aid package in the worst pandemic in the last 100 years. Get the funds to real people and business's to get the economy going. No one gives a crap about ART at the moment (well...maybe 7 people do).

This should not be difficult to understand. 

Anyway, I won't respond further. Citizens deserve water and food right now and help paying bills. Thanks for the input though.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

ART simply should not be given any of that aid package in the worst pandemic in the last 100 years. Get the funds to real people and business's to get the economy going. No one gives a crap about ART at the moment (well...maybe 7 people do).

Anyway, I won't respond further. Citizens deserve water and food right now and help paying bills. Thanks for the input though.

Good to know.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

Both are awesome. If you only want one cup, Aeropress is certainly good. It becomes cumbersome if you're looking for more than that, which is where the French press comes in.

I rarely want just one cup but man, you cannot top the Aeropress in that instance.

I'm fine making a couple cups with Aeropress, even say 4'ish if we have guests over etc. But yeah much beyond that and the French press comes out. Have a nice insulated, stainless Frieling unit for that ;)

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Let us agree to disagree on the whole emergency funds for ART thing.

I will say though, that I hope you and your entire family get through this covid pandemic without any deaths.....as I do for everyone in this board!

As I mentioned previously, it isn't just art but ok.

And yours as well.

Stay safe.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Lionized27 said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Personally, I'd hate to live in a society devoid of art.

Also, if you'd actually read the article it isn't just "art". It's basically all creative businesses. I'm no musician but this would be an opportunity for me to start my own record label...in Germany.

The arts are keeping people sane right now.

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

jon voight showtime GIF by Ray Donovan

One of the great acting performances on TV. 

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 2

nb-+

g mv

that's the cure

That's probably why I don't drink anymore except on weekends. Did not mean to offend anyone. Just trying to put this all into context while dealing with my own matters. 

On subject, wouldn't isolating the places with the highest death rates be the most progressive attack? Shouldn't we stop the most virulent strain or the biggest aggressor? If so, are these countries all quarantined / martial law, an if/so, shouldn't we isolate a wider area then these reported numbers?

image.thumb.png.d755ea39b722950b6faed0e215e14891.png

But no ... money. We are all slaves to the mighty dollar.

Edited by Gawdzukes

10 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I have no interest in all my tax dollars going out to support art at this time in history. Just my opinion.

Society can live without art. Cannot live without water or food.

Edit: that is a very confused face you have. Please explain why art and galleries should get any money right now when people simply need to get water and food to live. Are you an Art Major?

The fact that you don't think self-employed artists or the art industry in general should get any support during this crisis merely shows your personal deficiency in life. In the words of the great Donald Trump, "Sad! So sad!" 

A world without art is a world that is not worth living in at all. 

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

when did the crisis reach the art vs food stage? 

• Upvote 1