The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I've repeatedly expressed I know the value in what Canada has done and continues to do. That has not been the point of my original response to the poster who was criticising the government's response to this crisis, and it has never been my point with responding to you. The fact of the matter is you jumped to a conclusion after you erroneously interpreted my post. Enjoy your day, Jimmy, maybe next time refrain from shoulding all over other people without seeking to understand. 

your comment about Canadian leadership was pretty clear, but sure have a nice day too. Maybe you can do some reading on different types of leadership before making blanket comments about it, or consider how our industries represent us in to world too. Food for thought. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

your comment about Canadian leadership was pretty clear, but sure have a nice day too. Maybe you can do some reading on different types of leadership before making blanket comments about it, or consider how our industries represent us in to world too. Food for thought. 

Now you're tripling down on your misunderstanding of what I was saying. Yeesh. You know, a little humility when in error goes a long way. You misunderstand and ask for clarification, I clarify, you say, "Oh, ok, I misunderstood. My bad." Not continue to misrepresent the other person over and over. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

can you stop certain people from posting in this thread or is a ban stop a poster from all site activities? What about making a 2nd Covid thread dedicated to the conspiracy people or blame this country or that leader thread?

It stops them from posting on the site altogether. We wouldn't really want a thread dedicated to just conspiracy theories and blame, as that's not productive and does more harm than good.

It's fine to be critical in this thread, but keeping it reality based and having some sort of reasoning behind it helps. Also, there is an existing Trump thread for all the rest.

• Cheers 2

56 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'm intentionally trying to avoid this thread and the trump thread for the same reasons I am trying to desperately avoid social media.  The level of stupidity and willingness to believe the most ignorant and laughably false news and conspiracy theories is so prominent I would be quickly banned from various sites/pages for calling peoples intelligent in to question using "the fun words"

My favourite right now is a video of a "dr" claiming it is all a hoax.  Until you research it and find out he is using a fake name and discover he's a chiropractor.  Point that out to people though and damn, it's like kicking a hornets nest

You might enjoy this article:

https://forge.medium.com/prepare-for-the-ultimate-gaslighting-6a8ce3f0a0e0

Prepare for the Ultimate Gaslighting*

You are not crazy, my friends

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

https://forge.medium.com/prepare-for-the-ultimate-gaslighting-6a8ce3f0a0e0

I actually read that, great read.  full of satirical takes on what is honestly happening.

Here's a measly $1200 be ready to ignore and forget everything else and prepare to CONSUME, we did our best

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, aGENT said:

https://forge.medium.com/prepare-for-the-ultimate-gaslighting-I

Not sure if "gaslighting" is the correct term for advertising firms. Everyone knows it's what they're paid to do. 

I think it's more along the lines of "back to business" or "business as usual". It would be surprising if they didn't try to capitalize on it. 

my sister reminded me when I was a baby, , I was the 7th child. many years ago my mom got polio and had it for 3 years, 2 years in hospital, the rest of the family were quarantined, I was only about 2 months old, the rest of the kids had to watch while the neighborhood kids  played outside.  so what I am saying is today we have facebook, phones , twitter and facetime family and friends. there was nothing back then, not even tv. so I think that we  are kind of lucky today that we are able to keep in touch with loved ones. remember we are all in this together. take care everyone!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

one possible suspected cause of...

that's one hell of an uncorroborated outlier that may or may not be related to throw out all the actual research that has already been done world wide.  Showing tangible results without side effects of insanity are whats going on in the current testing in Korea and Italy for example 

Most malaria drugs have ugly side effects look at the Somalia affair.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He got off lucky.   I seem to remember an Arizona gas station attendant who was murdered by a “patriot” thinking he was a Muslim shortly after 9/11 (victim was a Sikh).  

edit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Balbir_Singh_Sodhi

Yeah, lot of Sikhs have been killed and attacked since 2001, because turban equals Muslim.

There was that white supremacist that killed 7 Sikhs In Wisconsin temple also.

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Now you're tripling down on your misunderstanding of what I was saying. Yeesh. You know, a little humility when in error goes a long way. You misunderstand and ask for clarification, I clarify, you say, "Oh, ok, I misunderstood. My bad." Not continue to misrepresent the other person over and over. 

Your words below champ, seems quite definitive and fully concluded. You're the one clinging to the need to be right, when a blanket statement like this can't be supported. Maybe its just not in your nature. 

Unfortunately, Canada will never be leaders in anything. It's not in our nature.

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I actually read that, great read.  full of satirical takes on what is honestly happening.

Here's a measly $1200 be ready to ignore and forget everything else and prepare to CONSUME, we did our best

Sadly the people who most need to read it are the least likely to do so.

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Your words below champ, seems quite definitive and fully concluded. You're the one clinging to the need to be right, when a blanket statement like this can't be supported. Maybe its just not in your nature. 

Unfortunately, Canada will never be leaders in anything. It's not in our nature.

You're taking me completely out of context. I've even clarified for you multiple times what I was referring to be leading, yet you continue to say the same thing over and over. I don't ever feel a need to be right, but I don't take it lightly when someone misrepresents something I've said, especially after clarifying so many times. What you're doing is the epitome of bad faith discussion. 

I hope others are reading this and can see engaging with you is pointless.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1