The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

You know, I have spent 60 or so years in mathematics, science and, since 1967 with computers. This is all necessary to try to battle this COVID-19 problem. But when I see what really brings tears to my eyes makes me feel so good are things from the non Sciences and the arts. Music, songs, art work, dance, flash mobs, writing humour, animation and so on. So recently I find that when the schools reopen, some of those areas may not comeback until later. I have a new understanding of how important they are. Don't cut them, or call them "frill" courses.

Edited by wloutet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

read a study by some guy in Britain that said smokers may have an immunity to it.

Ah...Italy...?  Thought that's why that country got hit so hard.

Anywho pretty obvious a single study isn't going to prove anything as it seems if you look hard enough you'll find another study that totally contradicts a previous one.  

Also Players Smooth King for me, thx.  

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Ah...Italy...?  Thought that's why that country got hit so hard.

Anywho pretty obvious a single study isn't going to prove anything as it seems if you look hard enough you'll find another study that totally contradicts a previous one.  

Also Players Smooth King for me, thx.  

Actually when I googled it France was looking into it.

I never said it was fact I simply responded to newbie. I never said it was true but I did post the link.

I don't know what to believe with covid19 anymore. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

The only thing popular around Rosetown is Pilsner.

I stayed in Fiske for a while. Not a thing to do.

this is what Tourism Saskatchewan has to say about Fiske :lol: did you check out the single picnic table when you were there? awesome view of the water tower I hear. 

diesel.jpg
food.jpg
picnic.jpg
The small rural hamlet of Fiske is located in west central Saskatchewan, between Rosetown and Kindersley on Hwy 7. This area is a prime farming and agricultural area.
  • Haha 3

A father reads a daughter's account of pain, joy, love amid his COVID-19 battle

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/a-father-reads-a-daughters-account-of-pain-joy-love-amid-his-covid-19-battle/ar-BB13M5qW?ocid=iehp

HALIFAX — As Rick Cameron rests and rehabilitates his body from its war with COVID-19, he has a story to read through to fill in the gaps of his journey.

It's a nice read.  He probably got the virus from his trip to Florida.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this is what Tourism Saskatchewan has to say about Fiske :lol: did you check out the single picnic table when you were there? awesome view of the water tower I hear. 

diesel.jpg
food.jpg
picnic.jpg
The small rural hamlet of Fiske is located in west central Saskatchewan, between Rosetown and Kindersley on Hwy 7. This area is a prime farming and agricultural area.

Used to travel through Kindersley and Rosetown on the way to Nut Mountain. 

1 minute ago, spur1 said:

Used to travel through Kindersley and Rosetown on the way to Nut Mountain

OK even I had to look that one up. 190 feet above sea level "mountain" :lol:

jeepers I'm getting homesick 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I remember my first visit to Saskatchewan and my bandmates (from the Battlefords) proudly showing me Blackstrap "Mountain".....

....it was everything I could do not to burst out laughing.....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I remember my first visit to Saskatchewan and my bandmates (from the Battlefords) proudly showing me Blackstrap "Mountain".....

....it was everything I could do not to burst out laughing.....

I feel that way when Brits talk to me about the mountains here in the Lake District. It's beautiful there, but them ain't mountains! Man I'm homesick right now.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Before the bar in town burnt down a few years back they sold hats and shirts that said the mountain was gone but the nuts were still there. ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1