Spain: 566

ItalY: 503

UK: 465

France: 403

Belgium: 740

Netherlands: 316

Sweden: 319

Ireland: 293

Yet somehow all this thread can go on about is how trump is the worst and responsible for everything bad in the world. Genocidal murderer! Orangeman evil!

25 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Deaths per million:

USA: 240

Yet somehow all this thread can go on about is how trump is the worst and responsible for everything bad in the world. Genocidal murderer! Orangeman evil!

You can find statistics to support whatever point of view you want. You seem to be saying here that other countries have a greater per capita death rate and somehow that proves that Trump isn't as bad as people on this board are making him out to be. Do you really want to play numbers games? How about, as of 14 minutes ago:

United States: 

Total cases

1,339,179 ↑ 17,394 (1.32%) 16,843 79,619 ↑ 1,004 (1.28%) 225,348 1,034,212

In terms of total cases, the US has about 5.5 times MORE cases than Spain, the second worst country in the world. So is all this Trump's fault? Not completely, but a lot of it is. Why? Because he was warned as early as January that there was a serious virus issue on the horizon and the US needed to get out in front of it. But he ignored it. Why? Because he was obsessed with impeachment, with Hunter Biden, with Russia, with the Ukraine, with undoing everything Obama he could, and with generally ignoring what medical experts and scientists were pleading with him to do. He says in defence, "I had a lot going on." New flash for the President: "A lot going on" is the job description and you'd better be able to handle it.

By the end of next week, over 100,000 Americans will have died from COVID-19. Because Trump is incapable of empathy, of sympathy, of conciliation and basic human kindness, he doesn't really care about people that die. He is concerned only with re-election and will sacrifice anything and anyone he has to to achieve that goal. He could have listened to the scientists and medical people and helped the US prepare for the virus, but he opted instead to look after his own interests first. So is orange man evil? You bet your sweet ass, he is.

(The previous post, which was only the top half of this, was accidentally sent before I had finished. Here is the rest of it.)

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

For the last time, I understand correlation does not mean causation.  We're talking correlation and suggested research.  It's the same as saying there is correlation between exercise and surviving heart disease...there is a strong correlation between exercise and a healthy heart but it's not a guarantee, but people still exercise to try and keep a healthy heart, right?  

If first they found out that sleeping with your head facing north helped fight off respiratory disease,  if people who slept facing south were dying at a much higher rate, and if there was someone posting numerous articles with scientists and doctors showing the evidence then yes I would sleep facing north, cause why not?  There is corrreltion but It's not 100% proven, therefore you don't want to rotate and face north?

The Vit D suggestion isn't a 100% guarantee therefore you don't want people to possibly increase their chance of survival by buying an 8 dollar bottle of pills from Wal-Mart?  

You heard it here first, folks.  DO NOT supplement yourself with extra Vit D,  It's not guaranteed to help there's only a strong correlation.  

no you don't want to because it creates stupid bottlenecks in our system. If this vitamin d thingy gets popular there's going to be a run on it, and deprive people that actually need the supplements. 

running around on suspected correlations isn't being scientific, its being reactionary and making decisions based on anecdotes. 

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

You can find statistics to support whatever point of view you want. You seem to be saying here that other countries have a greater per capita death rate and somehow that proves that Trump isn't as bad as people on this board are making him out to be. Do you really want to play numbers games? How about, as of 14 minutes ago:

United States: 

Total cases

Total cases means nothing.. The US has tested over 8.5 million people, most countries are under 2million tested and only Russia is at 5 million which is still waay short of the states. So no chit the US is going to have the most cases

Deaths per million is the stat that actually matters

Edited by Kushman
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

United States: 

Total cases

Especially when the state of Florida is monkeying around with the death from virus numbers. And this story is far from over (when GOP states are itching to 'open for business').  

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Deaths per million:

cool apology for Trump. But you forgot to mention Trump had an additional 5-6 weeks to act than all those other countries. But cool apology nonetheless. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Total cases means nothing

Deaths per million is the stat that actually matters

Are you serious? 79,619 deaths mean nothing? And people aren't actually stats. You really are a troll, aren't you.

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, gurn said:

Does it ever concern you, that you are making definitive statements, regarding what will happens to this virus in the  years to come; even though this virus is mere months old?

Try studying

36 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Lol I can't tell if you are trolling me or being serious?  

So what do you say about the Turkish governemnt giving their citizens free Vit D?  

And the UK government just recently strongly recommending Vitamin D supplements?  They shouldn't be doing that because it's reactionary and there is no science behind it?  If there is no science behind any of this, why are these scientists pushing the need for it and why is the government of certain countries agreeing with it?  Why are SCIENTISTS literally saying "according to the scientific research regarding Vit D".  I'm guessing you didn't read a single article I posted, you just figure you need to argue with me because you don't have much else going on

You wouldn't simply change your sleeping position if it could possibly save your life?  Cause bottlenecks?  Your argument is just so bad, you need to think it over

"suspected correlations"  "ancedotes"  You're pulling those two words out of mid-air to help the narrative that you are to stubborn to reevaluate.   Like, how many pages of legitimate scientific research do I need to provide?  I think I've provided about 8 different sources in total and that still doesn't convince you?  Well I'll dig up another 8 sources I guess, maybe that'll do it.  It's not suspected correlation it is direct correlation, and it's not anecdotal evidence, it's real evidence studied by plenty of  scientists and nutrionalists.  Correlation, not causation.  

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/health/vitamin-d-deficiency-causes-high-risk-of-infection/1834057

Here I'm making it easier for you.  I'm finding links that clearly say what you are trying oppose.  You don't even need to click these links cause it's in the title and I know how much you hate clicking links.

you know I have taken vitamin D for years now,  an amount my doctor prescribed. the problem is some will go overboard on it. everyone has a cure and I am sure this isn't it!

• Cheers 1

So what do you say about the Turkish governemnt giving their citizens free Vit D?  

And the UK government just recently strongly recommending Vitamin D supplements?  They shouldn't be doing that because it's reactionary and there is no science behind it?  If there is no science behind any of this, why are these scientists pushing the need for it and why is the government of certain countries agreeing with it?  Why are SCIENTISTS literally saying "according to the scientific research regarding Vit D".  I'm guessing you didn't read a single article I posted, you just figure you need to argue with me because you don't have much else going on

You wouldn't simply change your sleeping position if it could possibly save your life?  Cause bottlenecks?  Your argument is just so bad, you need to think it over

"suspected correlations"  "ancedotes"  You're pulling those two words out of mid-air to help the narrative that you are to stubborn to reevaluate.   Like, how many pages of legitimate scientific research do I need to provide?  I think I've provided about 8 different sources in total and that still doesn't convince you?  Well I'll dig up another 8 sources I guess, maybe that'll do it.  It's not suspected correlation it is direct correlation, and it's not anecdotal evidence, it's real evidence studied by plenty of  scientists and nutrionalists.  Correlation, not causation.  

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/health/vitamin-d-deficiency-causes-high-risk-of-infection/1834057

Here I'm making it easier for you.  I'm finding links that clearly say what you are trying oppose.  You don't even need to click these links cause it's in the title and I know how much you hate clicking links.

Inadequate levels of vitamin D are associated with a high risk of infection to the coronavirus.

In a written statement, Feyzi Gokosmanoglu, endocrinology and metabolic diseases expert at the hospital of Medicana International in northern port city of Samsun, said: "COVID-19 infection is seen in patients with vitamin D deficiency in the more frequent and more severe level."

Recent studies show that COVID-19 infection is seen in the milder level in patients with enough vitamin D level, Gokosmanoglu added.

Taking vitamin D supplements isn't a cure-all without risks.  Like a lot of supplements, you should consult a doctor prior to taking large doses. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/vitamin-d-toxicity/faq-20058108

What is vitamin D toxicity? Should I be worried about taking supplements?

Vitamin D toxicity, also called hypervitaminosis D, is a rare but potentially serious condition that occurs when you have excessive amounts of vitamin D in your body.

Vitamin D toxicity is usually caused by large doses of vitamin D supplements — not by diet or sun exposure. That's because your body regulates the amount of vitamin D produced by sun exposure, and even fortified foods don't contain large amounts of vitamin D.

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Kushman said:

Deaths per million:

Lol... the US is just getting started and have the most cases per mil of population than every country in the world except for Spain and the gap is quickly narrowing. 
I have a hard time understanding the Trumpers logic. When faced with a Trump eff up, they say but so and so did this or that. It matters not if someone else effed up it doesn’t change the fact Trump effed up. 

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The 5th Line said:

You can die from drinking too much water to.  

Vitamins aren't a cure-all at all, let alone without risks.   I swear if I hear someone say Vitamin D and "cure" in the same sentence Im gonna lose it

Your post should include how rare it is to become toxic and how easily it is treated.  People can abuse anything

And that’s why I drink beer instead. You can sink battleships with that water stuff. B)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, samurai said:

Try studying

Actually they have no conclusive evidence that herd immunity is possible  with this disease yet, it very well may be possible but they haven’t had long enough or a large enough sample size to study the antibodies effectiveness or even more important the longevity of the antibodies after they’re produced by your body. That also raises the question of whether or not people that get the disease but show no/mild symptoms will have strong enough antibodies to gain immunity or the same protection that people gain when they get a severe case. Along with the question of mutation in the virus that would render the current antibodies useless. Lots of questions and no definitive answers because of how new this virus is.

Also, sup samurai, how’s Japan?

Edited by Petey40
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

You can die from drinking too much water to.  

Vitamins aren't a cure-all at all, let alone without risks.   I swear if I hear someone say Vitamin D and "cure" in the same sentence one more time Im gonna lose it

Your post should include how rare it is to become toxic and how easily it is treated.  People can abuse anything

Vitamin D is THE. cure. Nothing else works. (same sentence)

I know you're getting it. But you're starting to sound like you should stand on a street corner with a sign that says:

“The Apocalypse is here, get your Vitamin D!”

I like you 5th. You know better.

Edited by Me_

Inadequate levels of vitamin D are associated with a high risk of infection to the coronavirus.

In a written statement, Feyzi Gokosmanoglu, endocrinology and metabolic diseases expert at the hospital of Medicana International in northern port city of Samsun, said: "COVID-19 infection is seen in patients with vitamin D deficiency in the more frequent and more severe level."

Recent studies show that COVID-19 infection is seen in the milder level in patients with enough vitamin D level, Gokosmanoglu added.

Heard Fauci use that the other day. It's hilarious that Jimmy heard that too and it becomes his word of the day. Whoah, too smart. Neo-liberal smart.

Edited by Timbermen
  • Haha 1