The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

This is ridiculous. You didn't see the play but you're assuming it was accidental? You're telling me that if someone accidentally/intentionally elbows you in the face, you're not going to be pissed? I call BS. Don't comment on stuff you have no clue about.

I saw the play with a clear take down that could result in a concussion.

Of course you can be pissed. Settle it with a hit or a fight not with a dirty slew foot.

Take your own advice. The only thing ridiculous is you thinking taking out teammates with dirty plays is okay. :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not attacking his character.

Attacking his decision making in a practice.

Sorry, didn't mean you, just it's now a topic and I'd hate to see a guy like Motte being labeled if there's any doubt at all. Oh well, I'll just avoid The Motte Incident

Edited by frank einstein

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I saw the play with a clear take down that could result in a concussion.

Of course you can be pissed. Settle it with a hit or a fight not with a dirty slew foot.

Take your own advice. The only thing ridiculous is you thinking taking out teammates with dirty plays is okay. :rolleyes:

You're making shyte up. No, it's not okay to take out your own teammates. But if Gaudette threw an intentional elbow, yeah, the gloves are off. 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Didn’t see the elbow so I can’t comment on that.

Its possible Gaudettes elbow was accidental though. Mottes was clearly intentional.

Those plays are gonna happen in games. He’s gotta be more disciplined.

Big Motte fan but by golly AG and JH both hit the ice hard after slew foots!

Not cool Motter.

2 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

You're making shyte up. No, it's not okay to take out your own teammates. But if Gaudette threw an intentional elbow, yeah, the gloves are off. 

That was Motte's 2nd slew foot of the game, his first one injuring Hawryluk. An elbow to the face is nowhere near as reckless and dangerous as a slew foot, you're kidding yourself. Slew footing is a cognizant act to injure someone, an elbow can always be accidental and just the result of competitive play. 

• Like 1