The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

my cut predictions for tomorrow. from my super educated 2 periods of 420p scrimmage hockey :lol:

Forwards (Invited: 24 | Remaining: 14 | Taxi Squad: 5 )

• Sven Baertschi
  • Justin Bailey
  • Jay Beagle
  • Brock Boeser
  • Loui Eriksson
  • Micheal Ferland
  • Jonah Gadjovich
  • Adam Gaudette
  • Tyler Graovac
  • Jayce Hawryluk
  • Nils Hoglander
  • Bo Horvat
  • Kole Lind
  • Will Lockwood
  • Zack MacEwen
  • Marc Michaelis
  • J.T. Miller
  • Tyler Motte
  • Tanner Pearson
  • Elias Pettersson
  • Antoine Roussel
  • Brandon Sutter
  • Jake Virtanen

Defencemen (Invited: 15 | Remaining: 8 | Taxi Squad: 4 )

• Jordie Benn
  • Guillaume Brisebois
  • Jalen Chatfield
  • Alexander Edler
  • Travis Hamonic
  • Quinn Hughes
  • Olli Juolevi
  • Tyler Myers
  • Brogan Rafferty
  • Jack Rathbone
  • Ashton Sautner
  • Nate Schmidt
  • Josh Teves
  • Jett Woo

I'm giving Teves the edge over Sautner. Sautner disappointed at summer mini camp. He's all but done imo (his nhl xp would help but meh go teves)

Goaltenders (Invited: 4 | Remaining: 4  | Taxi Squad: 1)

• Thatcher Demko
  • Michael DiPietro
  • Braden Holtby
  • Jake Kielly

I'm betting DiPietro stays on taxi squad until the AHL starts up if he's allowed? then Kielly here as an extra body? (if not they keep both then send dipietro down before ahl starts which is probably pretty soon actually so maybe dipietro down right away. Depends if they value him getting ahl starts or the better #3 goalie.)

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Odd. said:

That was Motte's 2nd slew foot of the game, his first one injuring Hawryluk. An elbow to the face is nowhere near as reckless and dangerous as a slew foot, you're kidding yourself. Slew footing is a cognizant act to injure someone, an elbow can always be accidental and just the result of competitive play. 

Did you listen to the clip, what Motte said? You can't call the intent or seriousness of the elbow either way because it's not on the clip but it sounds like Motte knows. 

What if the clip was only of the elbow and the slew foot just a rumour? Would you talk about Gaudette the same way as you are about Motte? If not, why?

42 minutes ago, Odd. said:

That was Motte's 2nd slew foot of the game, his first one injuring Hawryluk. An elbow to the face is nowhere near as reckless and dangerous as a slew foot, you're kidding yourself. Slew footing is a cognizant act to injure someone, an elbow can always be accidental and just the result of competitive play. 

Edited by frank einstein
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

my cut predictions for tomorrow. from my super educated 2 periods of 420p scrimmage hockey :lol:

• Sven Baertschi
  • Justin Bailey
  • Jay Beagle
  • Brock Boeser
  • Loui Eriksson
  • Micheal Ferland
  • Jonah Gadjovich
  • Adam Gaudette
  • Tyler Graovac
  • Jayce Hawryluk
  • Nils Hoglander
  • Bo Horvat
  • Kole Lind
  • Will Lockwood
  • Zack MacEwen
  • Marc Michaelis
  • J.T. Miller
  • Tyler Motte
  • Tanner Pearson
  • Elias Pettersson
  • Antoine Roussel
  • Brandon Sutter
  • Jake Virtanen

• Jordie Benn
  • Guillaume Brisebois
  • Jalen Chatfield
  • Alexander Edler
  • Travis Hamonic
  • Quinn Hughes
  • Olli Juolevi
  • Tyler Myers
  • Brogan Rafferty
  • Jack Rathbone
  • Ashton Sautner
  • Nate Schmidt
  • Josh Teves
  • Jett Woo

I'm giving Teves the edge over Sautner. Sautner disappointed at summer mini camp. He's all but done imo (his nhl xp would help but meh go teves)

• Thatcher Demko
  • Michael DiPietro
  • Braden Holtby
  • Jake Kielly

I'm betting DiPietro stays on taxi squad until the AHL starts up if he's allowed? then Kielly here as an extra body? (if not they keep both then send dipietro down before ahl starts which is probably pretty soon actually so maybe dipietro down right away. Depends if they value him getting ahl starts or the better #3 goalie.)

No way DiPietro is on the taxi squad. Gotta play games in the A. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Mad Jon said:

How dare you imply that you know what I was implying. I was merely illustrating that an 85 year old in a retirement home might feel more of a sense of urgency when it comes to receiving the vaccine than the writer. Sorry about your Mom by the way.

If I misunderstood what you meant my apologies.  

8 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

In the Sedins last season there were a lot of posters here who did the same thing to them. Personal attacks all season demanding they retire. Accusations of taking playing time away from young players. They said that it got so bad that their family was affected.

There are posters here who have called on others to "let Loui know" he's not wanted here even going so far as calling for people to confront him in public. People are treating him like a villain. Vilifying people seems to be a disturbing trend that is condemned in some circumstances and celebrated in others.

I guess I'll get a few more Loui's, but I am disappointed in this forum right now.

Yup imagine demanding someone retire and give up 5 million on a contract that he was offered. I mean anyone who thinks that way I wonder how they would feel if someone said "hey I know we signed you to a legal contract but we need your salary to hire someone else and even tho you sacrificed months in a bubble knowing you would most likely not play but still wanted to go to war with your brothers no hard feelings k,?

" what you won't do it? You selfish POS.

What gets me is the fact most saying this are the same people who are so quick to cancel someone and are SJW.

But typical to the left what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander. Sorry to bring politics up but felt this was justified since it is relevant.

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, luckylager said:

Any of you ever get under a teammates skin in a scrimmage?

Were you like best friends after?

It'll bond them. They're gonna be deadly linemates when Motte gets moved up.

I played Div1 baseball and it was very competitive so it was often stressful with all the pressure. There were guys who hated me and vice versa and once during a sim I threw in the general direction of a guys head who had ran-over the catcher on my team who was also my best friend on the team.

A week later during a game he got hit in the head by some monster who threw like a hard 98. So next inning me and my 88mph (I was a lefty lol) hit their best hitter cuz that's the way baseball is, even tho I hated him you still have that bond as teammates and I'm sure Motte and AG are the same and would go to war with each other.

Truthfully I found in baseball that the pitchers stuck together and were kind of separate from the rest of the team friendship wise once you got older and we're usually separate during games and practises.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Rush17 said:

• Sven Baertschi
  • Justin Bailey
  • Jay Beagle
  • Brock Boeser
  • Loui Eriksson
  • Micheal Ferland
  • Jonah Gadjovich
  • Adam Gaudette
  • Tyler Graovac
  • Jayce Hawryluk
  • Nils Hoglander
  • Bo Horvat
  • Kole Lind
  • Will Lockwood
  • Zack MacEwen
  • Marc Michaelis
  • J.T. Miller
  • Tyler Motte
  • Tanner Pearson
  • Elias Pettersson
  • Antoine Roussel
  • Brandon Sutter
  • Jake Virtanen

• Jordie Benn
  • Guillaume Brisebois
  • Jalen Chatfield
  • Alexander Edler
  • Travis Hamonic
  • Quinn Hughes
  • Olli Juolevi
  • Tyler Myers
  • Brogan Rafferty
  • Jack Rathbone
  • Ashton Sautner
  • Nate Schmidt
  • Josh Teves
  • Jett Woo

• Thatcher Demko
  • Michael DiPietro
  • Braden Holtby
  • Jake Kielly

Dipietro needs to play only 20 years old...

Edited by wildcam

5 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

https://twitter.com/ThomasDrance/status/1348658

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Want to be clear that this is me reading the tea leaves.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Canucks?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Canucks</a> will be dealing with complicated math over the next 48 hours. Team typically prefers to be cap compliant before activating LTI: so that means at the $81.5 million upper limit *with* Ferland’s $3.5 million.</p>&mdash; Thomas Drance (@ThomasDrance) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThomasDrance/status/1348658366210396162?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Want to be clear that this is me reading the tea leaves.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Canucks?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Canucks</a> will be dealing with complicated math over the next 48 hours. Team typically prefers to be cap compliant before activating LTI: so that means at the $81.5 million upper limit *with* Ferland’s $3.5 million.</p>&mdash; Thomas Drance (@ThomasDrance) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThomasDrance/status/1348658366210396162?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

@debluvscanucks any help?

Try copying the link directly to your post. Don't bother with the HTML/Embed functions

• Cheers 1