The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Hamonic l #27 l D

-DLC-

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Or sign a comparatively cheap lefty like Oleksiak in that ^^ scenario, or righties like Ceci or Hakanpaa in the interim. 

Or trade for Mayfield or Foote.

None are likely long term, first pair fits for Hughes but all (Hamonic included) can be his short term partner in the interim until we find a more permanent solution.

Or some combination of all of the above.

Ideally we'd trade for a  Mayfield/Foote and re-sign Hamonic or alternately Hakanpaa...

Hughes, Hamonic/Hakanpaa

Schmidt, Mayfield/Foote

Juolevi, Myers

Edler on a cheap, one year, bonus heavy deal as 7th

Rathbone in Abby playing big minutes and first injury call up.

I wonder how much Mayfield or Foote would cost to acquire from the Islanders and/or Tampa Bay 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Oh man, would love to get Larsson or Savard. If we can get Zadorov for cheap, then I don’t mind it. If not, forget about it. 

Larsson and Savard are both UFA’s right? Would you want them on 4-5 year deals? 

Larsson yes; Savard no.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Mayfield would be a good add.  Foote can’t skate, so no to him.  

What do you mean Foote can’t skate? LOL 

Like he’s slow footed? Like, slow as in Horvat slow? Or worse? 

And what do you think it’ll take to acquire Mayfield? 

Edited by N4ZZY

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Why no to Savard? 

I think he’s overrated. He’s already the wrong side of 30, so a five year deal for (likely) big money is a bad idea. Plus, even on TBay he’s still a serious minus player, who puts up no offence.  And I don’t like his beard.  :frantic:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

What do you mean Foote can’t skate? LOL 

Like he’s slow footed? Like, slow as in Horvat slow? Or worse? 

And what do you think it’ll take to acquire Mayfield? 

OJ is a far superior player to Foote.  

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He brings different elements that this team needs.

We need size and physical play as much as we need what OJ brings.

Guddy brought size and physical play.  A player has to be able to play with their head up with puck on stick.  Foote struggles in that skill.  He’s really no better than Bowie.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Guddy brought size and physical play.  A player has to be able to play with their head up with puck on stick.  Foote struggles in that skill.  He’s really no better than Bowie.  

Foote brings size and physical play.

He’s only 22 and still has time to round out his game. Especially now with Shaw in the mix.

Hes the perfect buy low project. And with Adam Foote as his dad I have no doubt he’s a hard worker.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

He’s only 22 and still has time to round out his game. Especially now with Shaw in the mix.

Hes the perfect buy low project. And with Adam Foote as his dad I have no doubt he’s a hard worker.

Providing it’s a buy low scenario for sure getting Foote would be fine.  What exactly is buying low though?  Do we give up our second?  Can he develop head up puck skills?  Can he learn to process faster to make up for being a bit slower?  Is that risk worth our second?  

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Hamonic page would sign 2 yrs  X 1.9 - 2.3 million range...He still can play...

I like Hamonic. And as a mid to bottom pairing guy, he's a good value at 2m. The problem is this: If we continue with Schmidt and Myers on the right, then we are still missing a go-to shutdown guy to play with Hughes. Hamonic tries, but he's a poor-mans shutdown defender. Myers has some abilities thanks to his size and reach, but he certainly doesn't fit the bill as a real shutdown guy either. And Schmidt absolutely isn't the guy. 

Benning says he will be active, and it's no surprise our d remains suspect, so I predict he will try to land that right side shutdown guy. As such, there's just no room for Hamonic. 

Now, if we lose Myers in the ED, I'd be more than happy to see him back.

On 6/21/2021 at 12:46 AM, DeNiro said:

Unfortunately if a last name meant anything more than that, Brent Gretzky would have been #2 in career scoring. 

Sadly, there are more fedor fedorovs than there are brett hulls. 

• Upvote 1