The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 1, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

0661b79dcb2bebea6ff32d9d5ccb2074.jpg

Keeping Toffoli would have been worth it if just to remove his goals against us already. ^_^

But a depth scorer like Toffoli playing for us might also have tied the game up when it was 2-1.  Montreal would tighten up, we would gain some momentum and confidence. Who knows?  Hockey's a funny sport.

I agree we should have kept Toffoli, Just don't think we could have out scored our problems tonight!

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, GetFocht said:

Why change him in or the goalie? Why not run with what's working. 

I blame the coach here. 

Don't think Demko or Roussel would've saved or made a huge difference today.

This team just doesn't have as much depth as advertised. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

As much as I do factor the schedule in, THIS is a major issue.  I don't care that they keep them to the outside or eliminate "high quality shots"...it's about playing the odds.  Sooner or later, they do get through and there are rebounds too.  You just have to address this.

Marky hid it (to some degree).   Demko and Holtby will get blamed at times.  But this needs to change.

Its an excellent point. Green was asked about it before the WPG game and he said he doesn't care about it.

He said it is not a focus.

Not sure what else to say...

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

This team will continue to suffer as long as jimbo is in charge

I agree. I just think they are built wrong. It's a mismash of we are rebuilding, to retooling, to we are a playoff team and we are all in. It's just the wrong way to build a team and it has the owners finger prints all over it.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, khay said:

I agree.

Jake is and can become an even better third line player for us. His defensive awareness is actually not too bad. And apparently, if someone hits him, he will hit back hard!

Gaudette on the other hand is in the no man's land. He's like Baertschi. Good offensive skills but can't win board battles and not tough enough to play on Bo's line. Not enough offence to be a first line player. He doesn't win board battles and he doesn't have a feisty defensive game like Motte to be a third liner and definitely not a 4th liner. 

Honestly, I'd trade Gaudette to address other needs of the team. Should've done it in the off season, should've dump a salary with Gaudette as a sweetener and re-sign Tanev or Toffoli.

Jake is actually WAY better than Gaudette. It's not even close, despite Adam scoring tonight. His game is a mess. He better tighten it up real fast. 

• Cheers 1