The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, 250Integra said:

This team was on the cusp of doing something special and instead Jim Benning ruined this damn team this off season. 

Both Tanev and Toffoli wanted to stay (Markstrom too) but instead he spent his time pursuing other players that can’t play defense.

Thank you. He dismantled a potential contending team and for what? I am so &^@#ing frustrated with the way Benning handled this team over the off season. Guy is dead to me. Thanks for Petey and Hughes, but time to move on. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There is something seriously wrong with this team. 

Gotta be a lot of  nervous management.  Aquaman must be wondering how they can be this bad after 10 years of paying.to the cap. At some point, the stories of potential dont cut it.  

• Vintage 1

Just now, AllWeatherFan said:

The apathy is killing me.

I don't understand why someone hasn't taken a healthy run at Tofu and started making him think twice...oh yeah, we don't have any players who do that...

Yup.  No pride.  They keep getting humiliated and instead of making the game miserable for them they look like they are going to cry. 

makes me miss guys like dorsett .. hell bring back sestito 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, J-23 said:

Remember when people on here said losing Tanev and Stecher was a good thing.

I still think it was the right decision. If Tanev still played for us he'd probably be in the IR right now lol. That contract is going to suck halfway through year 2.

I think we have the personnel that just the wrong system. Schmidt was a dynamic offensive defenceman for Vegas but here he looks confused af. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

The sad thing is none of the guys even look angry.  Been humiliated how many times in a row by hese guys and it looks like a friendly meetup 

Yeah, can't believe there hasn't been one fight or a big hit.  Weak, so weak. 

2 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

This team was on the cusp of doing something special and instead Jim Benning ruined this damn team this off season. 

Both Tanev and Toffoli wanted to stay (Markstrom too) but instead he spent his time pursuing other players that can’t play defense.

He spent too long trying to do something  with Markstrom  , ignored Tanev and Toffoli so they decided to go elsewhere , bad decision

• Thanks 1