The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Another thing I would do is fly guys back early, like I would have flown back the taxi squad yesterday and whoever we knew we would be sitting tonight.

Give them 3 days rest before our next game and no jet lag. I'm looking at EP and Huggy especially. Or whoever is playing hurt. Charley horse or knee sprain sort of thing.

27 minutes ago, gurn said:

What else would he say?

Any other statement would result in him getting ripped, by almost everyone.

Here it got truly ironic. ::D

If Benning told the truth about Dahlen he did what he should to save face.

When he is dishonest about this season while saving face he did what he should. 

You're funny and a hippocrate. 

Edited by Timråfan

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

worst idea - and mischaracterization - I've seen in a while.

Take the time out of your viewing experience tonight to really focus in on Edler's; compete level, intensity, footspeed, discipline, body language, defensive coverage, 1v1 defensive battles.... it's pathetic 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

What a ridiculous take wadr.

33 pts in 59 games (2nd to Hughes)  26 of them at even strength (2 less than Hughes).

+13 (blueline best).

162 blocks (team best)

108 hits (blueline best).

22;37 /game (team best).

42.9% ozone starts (2nd lowest on blueline), 49% corsi (2nd best on blueline - and only underlines how outstanding the above is).

3.4 on ice goals for per 60 at 5on5 - best on the blueline.

3.04 of pk ice time/game (2nd most on blueline).

Absolute workhorse - and a steal at $5 million cap hit.

He had an excellent year last year and flew under the radar, and his contract was pretty justified all things considered. I'd be interested to see those stats this year, I'd bet they take a gigantic dip.

19 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

What does seem to be lost in this tire fire of poor coaching and bad signings by JB is the fact Linden wanted a proper rebuild approach 

Linden had it right all along and instead of short term pain we ended up with longer term suffering 

through poor rosters and poorer coaching 

The evidence actually points to the opposite. Mr "Unfair to the Sedins".

Edited by aGENT

5 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Take the time out of your viewing experience tonight to really focus in on Edler's; compete level, intensity, footspeed, discipline, body language, defensive coverage, 1v1 defensive battles.... it's pathetic 

Once' he's off the books after this year, that's $6,000,000.00 of money to sign "A REAL" top D.   That's no laughing matter.

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Here it got truly ironic. ::D

If Benning told the truth about Dahlen he did what he should to save face.

When he is dishonest about this season while saving face he did what he should. 

You're funny and a hippocrate. 

Hippo.jpg

CRATE.jpg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

What does seem to be lost in this tire fire of poor coaching and bad signings by JB is the fact Linden wanted a proper rebuild approach 

Linden had it right all along and instead of short term pain we ended up with longer term suffering 

through poor rosters and poorer coaching 

Is there an article pointing to this? I thought it was ambiguous what the two sides were split on and I recall there was talk that Linden may have actually been on the side of showing loyalty to his vets.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Once' he's off the books after this year, that's $6,000,000.00 of money to sign "A REAL" top D.   That's no laughing matter.

Looking at Jim Benning's history with spending six million dollars, there may be plenty of laughing matters.

• Haha 1

This team and the fans NEED a shutout to boost confidence and restore faith. 
Its a huge drop of confidence the moment the opposition scores a goal, 4 or 5 more goals are expected. Which seems to be the result almost every single game. You can see it on the bench and on the ice, one goal goes in and F-bombs are being dropped like its going out of style and it just deflates the team.... 

Let’s gitter dun and go on a run!

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Looking at Jim Benning's history with spending six million dollars, there may be plenty of laughing matters.

You might have a slight bit of a point there but do you think he'd actually pull another Loui Eriksson deal - AGAIN ? 

Just now, knucklehead91 said:

This team and the fans NEED a shutout to boost confidence and restore faith. 
Its a huge drop of confidence the moment the opposition scores a goal, 4 or 5 more goals are expected. Which seems to be the result almost every single game. You can see it on the bench and on the ice, one goal goes in and F-bombs are being dropped like its going out of style and it just deflates the team.... 

Let’s gitter dun and go on a run!

Q: What is a Shut-out ???

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

You might have a slight bit of a point there but do you think he'd actually pull another Loui Eriksson deal - AGAIN ? 

If Loui were his only free agency mistake, I may trust him. But with all the money freeing up this off season and Petey/Hughes/Demko needing to be done, I wouldn't blame anyone for being very concerned about how this management group will handle one of the most important offseasons in franchise history.

22 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

thinking it'd be a good idea to scratch Edler is an absolutely horrible idea - but double down on your pseudo 'eye test'