The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I honestly feel like they see a 3 and mark it for Bo but it's actually Edler.  I've seen him dish a few tonight.

Edler had 2 hits.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Well, someone needs to step up with our leading hitter out. Good on the captain.

Event summary 

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20202021/ES020200.HTM

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

We are reduced to considering being down 1-0 a good period 

When turning it around one has to play well and not be rewarded before one can get away with being rewarded for not playing well.  Go Canucks Go!

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

htf was Reilly not in the box for that holding the stick?

answer:  Brad Meier sucks.

I mean there's no way anyone missed it.  

So glaring.

#FIREBRADMEIER     This is a thing now.  You just tell the world to fire him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The biggest change the Canucks made was having a better neutral zone forecheck. They're applying pressure at the opposing blueline preventing the Leafs from using their speed in transition. So the Leafs are having a trouble sustaining possession as a result.

Leafs are gonna come out with closer support next period in transition. The puck carrier never had support that period and the Canucks kept forcing Leaf turnovers.

Alot of it has to do with F2 on the forecheck too.  Has to make the decision whether to support the first forechecker or hang back a bit.  Bailey created a nice turnover because he back checked well at their blue line.  Having more guys like Hogie and Podz will help too

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1