The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

On 2/11/2021 at 4:34 PM, The Lock said:

Realistically, I think it was where he was drafted (at 6th) and who was drafted after him that have had people upset from day one. The fact that he was local and at parties, etc, only highlighted that. If he was responsibly locally, I doubt that would have changed people's frustrations.

Yeah, and who fricken' cares, right? These whiny a$$ beaches have been dragging this through the mud for the past six years. Really? Wow is all I can say. What a pathetic excuse for a fan. Can't imagine what their personal lives are like. Wouldn't want to know. The fact that this group of haters are still clinging on and throwing shots in whenever possible, is beyond belief. 

Most of them have never posted pretty much anything positive about anything. And they only seem to come out of the woodwork like a bunch cock roaches and swarm a thread when there's something to whine about.

Move on. What's done is done. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

VAN

Ekholm

2nd

NSH

Virtanen

Gaudette

Hughes Ekholm

Edler Schmidt 

Oj Myers

Benn 

Then again, the canucks want a young forward back for JV.

The Predators are also shopping 1 of or possibly both of Duchene and Johansson.

doesnt look like Nashville is a good trade partner V.s. what they need (#1 c that actually competes)

53 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Lias Anderson, Peteys Best friend?

Isn't that Jonathen Dahlen?

You can't rag on Virtanen for his draft position. Canucks picked him where we did, and nothing is guaranteed, even at 1st oa.

But man - what a disappointment as a player. He has a full toolbox, but missing all the drivers.

Edited by kloubek

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Nashville isn't trading Ekholm.

Not saying Smashville will or won't but on the SN broadcast the other day they mentioned him specifically and the situation of that team.  They may be a couple losses away from being sellers one analyst said.  Likened it to the situation of LA a while back where they traded both Martinez and Muzzin (I believe) with a year and a half left on their contracts and Ekholm is in a similar position contract-wise anyway. 

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Come on man, his value isn't nothing.

He may be frustrating as a canucks fan, i get it.

JV was on pace for 20G last year as a mostly 3rd liner.

His value is nothing...

He had a short heater for a few weeks in the middle of last season... he was awful in the first part of last season and awful since.

I quoted it recently, but may be misremembering... I think he has 9 points in his last 48 games... or a 15 point pace over a full 82 game season.

He is paid $3.4 million next year in real dollars and has a $2.55 million cap hit.  The bottom feeding teams don’t want to lay out that much cash for low end 4th line production, and contending teams don’t want to pay that kind of cap hit for someone who can’t crack our weak bottom 6 roster as a regular.

• Cheers 1

So we give up Madden for Toffoli, he almost gets a point a game for us, then we decide to let him walk so we can keep Virtanen, Then we give him a third of a season chance before we trade him? When we could have kept Toffoli and trade Virtanen in the off season? No, Benning needs to ride this out. I did not see Toffoli single handedly make us say uncle for a 1/3 of a season bet. You need to go all in on this one.

Just now, smokes said:

So we give up Madden for Toffoli, he almost gets a point a game for us, then we decide to let him walk so we can keep Virtanen, Then we give him a third of a season chance before we trade him? When we could have kept Toffoli and trade Virtanen in the off season? No, Benning needs to ride this out. I did not see Toffoli single handedly make us say uncle for a 1/3 of a season bet. You need to go all in on this one.

Agreed. Unless you are getting value back in a position of need it isn't worth it.

1 hour ago, Lionized27 said:

Would be considered a lateral move but maybe both players would enjoy a change of scenery? Comparable cap hits/age, so that's a wash as well. 

MTL would get bigger so that would be the pitch, I imagine. 

To VAN: Artturi Lehkonen

To MTL: Jake Virtanen 

I like lehkonen good proposal

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

His value is nothing...

He had a short heater for a few weeks in the middle of last season... he was awful in the first part of last season and awful since.

I quoted it recently, but may be misremembering... I think he has 9 points in his last 48 games... or a 15 point pace over a full 82 game season.

He is paid $3.4 million next year in real dollars and has a $2.55 million cap hit.  The bottom feeding teams don’t want to lay out that much cash for low end 4th line production, and contending teams don’t want to pay that kind of cap hit for someone who can’t crack our weak bottom 6 roster as a regular.

Plus he disappeared in the playoffs when others contributed