The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 has been eliminated

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, linden17 said:

Yeah, I don’t blame him but he just couldn’t let some things go. We all have our pet peeves. There are some great memories from his show though

I will confess, I believe he is right about circus time, I've seen 2 regular o.t.'s then gave up watching them.

Never had anything phone, tv or internet wise but the girlfriend use to be a bell cell phone user but we switched her off that today...not to do with 1040 being canned but thought I would still post it as some were quite outraged after this all went down.

1 hour ago, Canucks-12 said:

What’s wrong with that?

Personal preference, but I’m not a fan of Kesler’s on-air personality. Being a former NHL obviously comes with huge built-in cred, but he doesn’t do a great job of sharing his insights unless prodded. A lot of broadcasters can make up for that by being entertaining, but he doesn’t do that either. He was sort of an anchor on his podcast with Bieksa and gave Kevin nothing to work with in the early episodes.

The best on air hosts know that they’re entertainers and not to take sports reporting too seriously. I’ll give him a chance, but not every athlete makes a great commentator. I don’t think Ryan is one of those that naturally has it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

For me, when drawing parallels between the two stations, the morning show is where 1040 had a huge edge over 650 and where I'll miss 1040 the most.

all of their shows were better than 650, the rating proved it. 650 is to bland , besides Sat (ex 1040 guy)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

all of their shows were better than 650, the rating proved it. 650 is to bland , besides Sat (ex 1040 guy)

I tend to agree.  At least with the times that I tend to listen (6-8am, 3-430).  The gap between the two stations was narrower in the  3-430 time slot than it was the 6-8am time slot.  I'll probably listen to my podcast backlog way more in the mornings now, rather than sports radio.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

That Comedy format will die a quick death. 1040 will go silent in less than a year.  Bell is a Quebec based company and we all know how well Quebecers are (NOT)  tuned into the west !!!   I predict a new sports station will definitely emerge because i don't any normal person that ever listened to 650.