The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Galchenyuk (CAR), Paul Byron (MTL), Par Lindholm, Danny Dekeyser and Gabriel Carlsson (CBJ) are on waivers.

AriGold2.0

14 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Galchenyuk is 1x1.05M. I would, would you ?

image.png.88c767f148ebe70811ce4583ece8b130.png

Hmmm that is actually a pretty tough call.

There has to be reasons for so many stops in such a short time after putting up really solid numbers.  

On the other side, 1/3rd of our roster is trash and it wouldn’t take much to outplay them.  It would be hard to think he isn’t an upgrade at least on our bottom depth guys.

Occasionally reclamation projects work, and his cap is low enough it could be completely buried.  Heck, just as a trial while Bailey and Motte are out injured is worth a shot just to keep Eriksson out of the lineup.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Galchenyuk is 1x1.05M. I would, would you ?

image.png.88c767f148ebe70811ce4583ece8b130.png

He's probably better than a few of our bottom 6 players.  Would be an upgrade over Loui.  At that cap hit I would take a flyer on him for sure. 

Trade Gaudette for Yakov Trenin and the two Russians can play together on the 3rd line.

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's probably better than a few of our bottom 6 players.  Would be an upgrade over Loui.  At that cap hit I would take a flyer on him for sure. 

Trade Gaudette for Yakov Trenin and the two Russians can play together on the 3rd line.

Galchenyuk is American

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

No thanks to Galchenyuk, he's gotten too many chances at a young age but still hasn't been able to make it work due to lack of consistency.

I wonder if Dekeyser could be an upgrade as a partner for Hughes?  Was always a reliable defense-first D-man but was injury prone.  If they'd take Loui and a 4th for Dekeyser though I'd happily make the gamble to maybe have a better partner for Quinn (and keep them as the secondary big minute duo behind Edler/ Schmidt and Myers).

Byron (besides the fact that we've already got Motte, Roussel and MacEwen in the bottom 6, and the price tag) would be a good energy add, though he's getting older, so I'd pass unless one of the pricey vets was going the other way (though he does have term also).

• Cheers 2