Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Galchenyuk (CAR), Paul Byron (MTL), Par Lindholm, Danny Dekeyser and Gabriel Carlsson (CBJ) are on waivers.


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Byron is way more effective then Baertschi ever was. One of the fastest skaters in the NHL.

He is quick for sure. His numbers last few years have dropped though to a Sven type output. Both defensively meh. I'd sooner just agree with you than discuss it as I really don't want either player. Would prefer an upgrade in the bottom six to a bigger speedster that can throw some hits and forecheck hard. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stawns said:

he was born in the US, was part of the USDP and played Jr in Sarnia.  The only Russian thing about him is his parents

He left the US with his family at the age of 4 and they moved to Russia.  He played all his youth hockey in Russia until he was 15 and moved back to the US and eventually Canada.  I wouldn't classify that as being only American...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He left the US with his family at the age of 4 and they moved to Russia.  He played all his youth hockey in Russia until he was 15 and moved back to the US and eventually Canada.  I wouldn't classify that as being only American...

Image result for the friendly giant gif

 

Look up, look waaaaaay up

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, rekker said:

He is quick for sure. His numbers last few years have dropped though to a Sven type output. Both defensively meh. I'd sooner just agree with you than discuss it as I really don't want either player. Would prefer an upgrade in the bottom six to a bigger speedster that can throw some hits and forecheck hard. 

Le sigh 

 

 

Ferland Sutter Macewan

Motte Beagle Bailey:(

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rekker said:

He is quick for sure. His numbers last few years have dropped though to a Sven type output. Both defensively meh. I'd sooner just agree with you than discuss it as I really don't want either player. Would prefer an upgrade in the bottom six to a bigger speedster that can throw some hits and forecheck hard. 

Byron is not defensively suspect. He’s actually one of their main penalty killers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We don't need or should even want Chucky. Team/fans apparently don't even trust Gaudette or Virtanen's defense. Yet we wanna throw Chucky out there? Hard pass. I'd rather bring Goldobin back. At least he had some chemistry with Petey.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Galchenyuk can't possibly be worse than LE.

I would hope for your personal heart health he wouldn't be if Jim picks him up.

 

I wouldn't mind seeing him with Bo and Hog's for a few shifts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Carlsson is the guy we should be looking to take a flyer on.

Came here to say this.

 

We have a few LHD vying for our 3rd pair already.  But this dude is bigger than Jordie Benn and near ten years younger.  Can skate to boot...

  • Hydration 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

We don't need or should even want Chucky. Team/fans apparently don't even trust Gaudette or Virtanen's defense. Yet we wanna throw Chucky out there? Hard pass. I'd rather bring Goldobin back. At least he had some chemistry with Petey.

Yah but there value is roughly the same. They are both defensive disasters but at least bennette has a pulse and uses his body 


kinda like the hodgson kassian trade 

 

it’s a gamble who comes out with the win 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...