The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Galchenyuk (CAR), Paul Byron (MTL), Par Lindholm, Danny Dekeyser and Gabriel Carlsson (CBJ) are on waivers.

AriGold2.0

3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Byron is way more effective then Baertschi ever was. One of the fastest skaters in the NHL.

He is quick for sure. His numbers last few years have dropped though to a Sven type output. Both defensively meh. I'd sooner just agree with you than discuss it as I really don't want either player. Would prefer an upgrade in the bottom six to a bigger speedster that can throw some hits and forecheck hard. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

he was born in the US, was part of the USDP and played Jr in Sarnia.  The only Russian thing about him is his parents

He left the US with his family at the age of 4 and they moved to Russia.  He played all his youth hockey in Russia until he was 15 and moved back to the US and eventually Canada.  I wouldn't classify that as being only American...

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He left the US with his family at the age of 4 and they moved to Russia.  He played all his youth hockey in Russia until he was 15 and moved back to the US and eventually Canada.  I wouldn't classify that as being only American...

Image result for the friendly giant gif

Look up, look waaaaaay up

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, rekker said:

He is quick for sure. His numbers last few years have dropped though to a Sven type output. Both defensively meh. I'd sooner just agree with you than discuss it as I really don't want either player. Would prefer an upgrade in the bottom six to a bigger speedster that can throw some hits and forecheck hard. 

Le sigh 

Ferland Sutter Macewan

Motte Beagle Bailey:(

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Byron is not defensively suspect. He’s actually one of their main penalty killers 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Carlsson is the guy we should be looking to take a flyer on.

Came here to say this.

We have a few LHD vying for our 3rd pair already.  But this dude is bigger than Jordie Benn and near ten years younger.  Can skate to boot...

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

We don't need or should even want Chucky. Team/fans apparently don't even trust Gaudette or Virtanen's defense. Yet we wanna throw Chucky out there? Hard pass. I'd rather bring Goldobin back. At least he had some chemistry with Petey.

Yah but there value is roughly the same. They are both defensive disasters but at least bennette has a pulse and uses his body 

kinda like the hodgson kassian trade 

it’s a gamble who comes out with the win