The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

You need those guys in bottom 6 to be a contender.  Hogz on 3rd line Pod on 4th. Let them make top 6 in cpl years.

Cup teams need to be deep not just top heavy.

Ideally yes. But we have to clear the dead weights in the current bottom 6 first, and then somehow find a couple more top 6 forwards. Plus that's after we sign EP and QH to their 2nd contracts which will take most of whatever little cap room we have.

I'd eat my socks if this inept management can pull them off.

• Cheers 1

Was hoping that they were going to get that tying goal. But I wasn't fully convinced that they would. It's too bad that they are now 7-12. Five games under .500, ugh, I think it's going to be really hard. they're not mathematically written off from the playoffs though, right? 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Was hoping that they were going to get that tying goal. But I wasn't fully convinced that they would. It's too bad that they are now 7-12. Five games under .500, ugh, I think it's going to be really hard. they're not mathematically written off from the playoffs though, right? 

Mathematically no.

Realistically yes.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

JV should have been traded Toffoli re signed. Find that extea 2 mill to sign a 200ft complete player with Stanley Cup pedigree.

Biggest mistake by JB this off season was to let Toffoli walk.

Totally fireable blunder.

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Not even close.

1 hour ago, brownky said:

I just hope this lacklustre effort most nights doesn't break him down.

When his teammates are so consistently lackadaisical especially in their own zone it's just... brutal to be part of it.

I just keep my fingers crossed Hogs doesn't get tamed like his teammates.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I can’t believe that someone could be so incompetent at their job (1 for 19 against the Flames), and yet continually try the same formula again and again.

Thats either arrogance or stupidity (not always mutually exclusive)

Even Greener had quoted the definition of insanity in one of the postgame interviews before. Is Newell Brown that thick?

17 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

You have to be really horrible to be out mathematically at this point.  Like Kansas City Scout bad.

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

Little Johnny was way more noticeable than Petey. If he doesn’t start being a difference maker soon we are done. 

I'm starting to think it may not happen this season. The way EP handling the puck like a grenade and falling down on first contact doesn't give me much hope.

Too many flaws in Canucks game, especially the dumb play from Schmidt ahead of the 3rd goal for CGY - how can you play the puck in front of the net, Nate? - the pass from Horvat to Hughes ahead of the 2nd goal for CGY was also dumb. You can't make those kind of plays in the NHL, otherwise the opponent will make you pay. Fair to say that the 2nd from CGY could have been avoided with more pressure on the Flames forward skating behind the goal and coverage of Lucic. When you look only at the Flames 2nd goal Canucks D is just not good enough.

High draft pick and some player development that's what we can expect out of this season.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst