The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Miller played out of his mind last year. Hes not typically a ppg player. Along with him having other things on his mind right now having a young family during a pandemic I give him a pass. 

Hughes leads the league in scoring as a defensman so you're just wrong there. 

I see you mention these two but not thriving players like boeser hog and OJ.

If miller and hughes are "regressing" because of Green that means the 3 I mentioned are thriving because of Green right??

You dont get to have your cake and eat it too.

I meant Miller and EP

I love those 2 players but i have to he honest, they have not played well 

hughes, boeser and Hogs have been studs 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Fans have every right to he pissed when we near the bottom of the division, lost 8 of team and playing like selfish wimps that can’t stand up for each other 

so yeah that does make me angry. I know our roster is not as bad as we play 

I agree with this for sure. I'm not happy either.

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You genius coach has Mac in the press box because Mac’s mom bruised Green’s ego  

can’t really stick up for teammates while in the press box 

Maybe time for Gallant. I like his style. He was an offensive player, but a fired up player. I like a coach that gets a little heated up on the bench once and awhile like Gallant does. Players want to know the coach has their back. Coach Green should of called out the trash reffing last night post game. I'm done with him and his assistants. 

12 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

As a coach your job is to make the most out of what you have 

do you honest believe we are playing to the maximum ability of our roster losing 8 of 10 games and second to last in the division 

under your definition a coach is simply not required?

I don't know and I don't care because it's not important. But I guess we're not playing to our maximum like 26 other teams If this is somehow relevant to firing coaches ... then you're proving my point anyways. We might as well have no coaches if that's how you believe a coach works. If it means I don't have to put up with your ever clever critique of Green then I want him fired to.

When did sports go past the product to people thinking they can see inside other peoples lives?

Like ... does this guy actually think he can see the inner workings of Canucks hockey and Green's coaching ability through his TV?

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Fans have every right to he pissed when we near the bottom of the division, lost 8 of team and playing like selfish wimps that can’t stand up for each other 

so yeah that does make me angry. I know our roster is not as bad as we play 

That’s sad. You’re only hurting yourself.

A positive mental attitude is a prerequisite for success.

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I don't know and I don't care because it's not important. But I guess we're not playing to our maximum like 26 other teams If this is somehow relevant to firing coaches ... then you're proving my point anyways. We might as well have no coaches if that's how you believe a coach works. If it means I don't have to put up with your ever clever critique of Green then I want him fired to.

When did sports go past the product to people thinking they can see inside other peoples lives?

Like ... does this guy actually think he can see the inner workings of Canucks hockey and Green's coaching ability through his TV?

Helps to know the game 

i did not become the preeminent hockey expert on this forum without playing the game at a competitive level 

therefore you must accept all I teach you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

This is where tryamkin would be useful, he’s destroyed a few people with fists this season in the khl 

Umm...five career fights ... this years one he didn't have take his gloves off.   Three years ago his previous fight...Bet his size would be a deterrent, but for those frustrated with Gudbranson - and his 2 or so fights per year - wouldn't cross my fingers hoping he'd destroy anyone.. he's ok at it, but no Chara - more like Hall Gill, - get the ladder. 

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Helps to know the game 

i did not become the preeminent hockey expert on this forum without playing the game at a competitive level 

Thanks coach. I can definitely see your passion, it's terrific, you wouldn't paint yourself like this otherwise, but I also clearly see why you topped out in level B. You were destined to coach. :lol:

You know what they say about teaching. ^_^

Some of you are just taking your blinders off now I see....Bo Horvat was Sedined, he plays soft and if we are down and there is rough stuff he hopes for a penalty call with the chance of getting a goal VS standing up for your team and not taking crap! Have a backbone and stand up for your teammates...if that goes against what the coach says so what, your the captain show some Spirit and Fight!!!

Vancouver Charmins

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Social media affect.  In general Its ruined the purity of sports.

12 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Some of you are just taking your blinders off now I see....Bo Horvat was Sedined, he plays soft and if we are down and there is rough stuff he hopes for a penalty call with the chance of getting a goal VS standing up for your team and not taking crap! Have a backbone and stand up for your teammates...if that goes against what the coach says so what, your the captain show some Spirit and Fight!!!

Vancouver Charmins

Linden never played that way.  Ever.  Didn’t make him less of a player.  Even when he was a Captain.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

4 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Social media affect.  In general Its ruined the purity of sports.

Slow clap. 

Yeah I used to love sports because you had to have toughness, fortitude, perseverance, intelligence, spirit, and purity to be involved. Now any lazy goof can come in and piss all over it without even lifting a finger.

Sorry, I guess they have to lift a couple fingers. My apologies to all the keyboard heroes.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

So if Green implements a “positive mental attitude” where is the success?

Right now not getting blown out in games is a step in the right direction.   Team was in the game right until the end, don't see much to be concerned about - six games now, all of which could have been wins - it looks like the teams turned the corner on that stuff at least.    This teams not ready to contend and win .750 of its games, roster and age of core etc.  

The way they've played the last six games for sure is good enough for .600-.650 or so, right about where IF they are firing on all cylinders, in this division. It's a good one no doubt.  

Hope for playoffs is fine - not realistic really - but it is what it is - we won't see a coaching change this year so don't see the point in constantly complaining about it - and don't understand those that won't let it go either.   Why not just enjoy the process?   And as an aside, i'm glad the team/owners have stuck behind TG, the players have settled in and have his back.    In the end most likely this means we get a lotto pick - no RHD or Centers coming up in the pipe - have to deal with that weakness. 

49 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

No ones going to games right now...

Aquaman signs the cheques, he and JB are the only people green has to answer to. 

If you think the public has any power over a privately owned organization you need to remind yourself of the multiple boycotts following nhl lockouts. Or the cbc boycott when cherry got fired.

Agree completely.  

Too much entitlement in this city.  

I wonder if the zebras got a call to manage this game like a playoff game cause there were some obvious penalties that was right in front of them and they just chose not to call a penalty - the Jets recognized this early on and once they scored they played the old style trap:  clutching, grabbing & interfering; the Canucks got chances but was getting too cute on some of the chances and were just plainly missing the net.   

Imo, we match up well against most teams in the North and it will come down to which goalie will make the right save at the right time.  Good chance we see Mac next game and LE or JV sits (the usual suspects)

Edited by ShawnAntoski

22 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Helps to know the game 

Man, you're so arrogant it's sad sometimes.  Get off your high-horse for a change, it doesn't necessarily give you the great view you think you have way up there.

• Vintage 3

33 minutes ago, rekker said:

Maybe time for Gallant. I like his style. He was an offensive player, but a fired up player. I like a coach that gets a little heated up on the bench once and awhile like Gallant does. Players want to know the coach has their back. Coach Green should of called out the trash reffing last night post game. I'm done with him and his assistants. 

I love Gallant as a player. It seems he's a prick or something as he can't keep jobs despite coaching winning teams. Not sure if he's right for the team. We should ask 2288 though as he's tight with all his coaching buddies and he pretty much knows every coach inside and out.

If only his mom didn't make him deliver those stupid newspapers everyday and take out the garbage he would be the ideal coach himself.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Slow clap. 

Yeah I used to love sports because you had to have toughness, fortitude, perseverance, intelligence, spirit, and purity to be involved. Now any lazy goof can come in and piss all over it without even lifting a finger.

Even the media questioning is tainted now - picking up on some inane tidbit from some goofs twitter account that gains traction - then asking TG about it pre-game.   It's sad really.   That said i don't pine for the old days when Friedman was cutting his teeth in BC following the WCE teams ... his questions were bad but in a different Rob McLean totally obtuse and nothing to do about the team or game sort of way.

Brian Burke,  Kevin Bieksa and Kelly Hrudey saved SN / talking heads...