The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, singing chef said:

Tough  =  Rosaire Paiement, Curt Fraser......and, they could also put up the points. 

Paiement - Canucks '71-'72: 34/28; pim 152, +13. 

Fraser - Canucks '78 -'83: 348 g.p;  92/114; pim 651 

Put 2 of them on this team and NO-ONE would be messing with our stars.  JB - please find some Paiement and Fraser clones.  Thanks.

Rosaire Paiement

Center -- shoots R
Born Aug 12 1945 -- Earlton, ONT
[75 yrs. ago]
Height 5.11 -- Weight 170 [180 cm/77 kg]

Curt Fraser

Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Jan 12 1958 -- Cincinnati, OH
[63 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 200 [183 cm/91 kg]

And yes they were friggin tough!
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Can anyone tell me why Eriksson is still playing when Hawryluk is back healthy now??  Eriksson always looks sluggish and unmotivated in most shifts... Just really hard to watch! He simply doesn't seem interested in creating offense are all! 

Because they have a hard time admitting 6 million was a mistake and they don't want it sitting in the press box.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

POSTGAME | Travis Green

So nothing to see on the whole Hogs thing 

he wants to downplay it vs using it as a motivator 

once again making sure the world know we are soft

talks about the “response” but where was the response when Hogs was being chopped down? captain Bo? Anyone?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Can anyone tell me why Eriksson is still playing when Hawryluk is back healthy now??  Eriksson always looks sluggish and unmotivated in most shifts... Just really hard to watch! He simply doesn't seem interested in creating offense are all! 

Just counting the years until he is gone; someone posted the FA class of 2016 - yikes and the agents also did very well cause alot of mid/bottom six players were getting signed to big $ contracts with terms.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I saw Hog sort of throw his hands up as he got up and it's really important that if he's giving it his all out there that his team gives some back to him.  Support these young studs who give you a chance to win.  Don't let all the air out of their tires and have them feeling defeated.  Show up for them (Petey and Quinn have gone through it too).

I am not over this.

Hell hath no fury.  Sigh.  I hate this game.

I seem to remember seeing Holtby in a brawl and he looked pretty good. We are down to the point where we should consider dressing Holtby as a forward and just have him smash people, including 24.  ;-)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I think where Benning is missing the boat is in team toughness

We were so short on talent when he came, that is what he focused on, and a good thing he did

but now, we have to fix some toughness into the line up

People on here do not see the benefit of a Sam Bennett or a Nick Paul

but the truth is, they play tough all the time, every shift, and no one really wants to piss them off

Now I am not saying we have to get those 2 exactly, but we need to inject that into our lineup

You can start with MacEwen, and Tryamkin later on, but it has to go deeper

Think about this for a minute.....Pettersson, Hughes, Hoglander, Juolevi, Gaudette, all light weigh guys

You need to have some deterrents.....

I hope everyone appreciates Myers for what he did tonight.....it too bad he got there late!

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

So nothing to see on the whole Hogs thing 

he wants to downplay it vs using it as a motivator 

once again making sure the world know we are soft

talks about the “response” but where was the response when Hogs was being chopped down? captain Bo? Anyone?

At least the players are showing that they are buying into Green's philosophy and culture....being soft, downplay everything and thinks they are trending in the right direction despite losing 8 out of the last 10 games...lol...

Edited by Dogcrazy

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I feel like the refs are trolling us....they see trying to kill a guy as "holding". 

image.png

That was the initial penalty before he went after Hoglander, which makes the ensuing 4 on 4 even more ridiculous...it means we got the extra penalty for all that happened starting from when Forbort went after Hoglander.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dogcrazy said:

At least the players are showing that they are buying into Green's philosophy and culture....being soft, downplay everything and thinks they are trending in the right direction despite losing 8 out of the last 10 games...lol...

Totally agree

they are gladly buying into the soft low bar country club culture Green has built 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dougieL said:

That was the initial penalty before he went after Hoglander, which makes the ensuing 4 on 4 even more ridiculous...it means we got the extra penalty for all that happened starting from when Forbort went after Hoglander.

Just makes this clown ref crew look worse 

after they were shown on national tv replays multiple times calling Nurse for a high stick on Winnipeg when it was friendly fire in the last game

so what will the NHL do? Nothing...in fact will award them with playoff assignments 

• Cheers 1

Ownership doesn’t seem to care about this season. Otherwise both JB and Green would have been fired a long time ago. Do they want Hughes and Petey on off years for a lower the contract deal next year? Do they think that this schedule and Covid is a waste of time? This team was finally going in the right direction and now looks like it took 2 steps back.

This has to be addressed.  I do like that our guys flew in there....Sutts.  Was Jake in there?  I think he was.  Geez...Bertuzzi had a book thrown at him for coming at a guy from behind.  A dogpile ensued....just luck when no one gets hurt in these things that the refs fail to contain.

image.png

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Dogcrazy said:

Yes, imagine if Horvat plays like Hoglander....that will make him a good captain!  O wait, he is already the captain!  lol

Imo, Horvat and Edler still seems to have the mentality exhibited during the Sedins' era (great players but being a douche is just not a part of there makeup): gentleman's hockey.   I can't remember the game but a more recent example is when Edler was having a Marchand & Sedins type moment; Elder did not over react which is the right reaction but on the ice you have to show some bite or emotion when someone is trying to hurt you.

Hopefully, as the leadership of the team changes, so will the teams' toughness - a type that bites back (hard) at the right time but does not play sloppy/undiscipline hockey....

Edited by ShawnAntoski

18 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

What pisses me off Smashin

Is that Horvat is right there..............I am so annoyed with Horvat this year...........216 lbs! And he lets Hogs get smashed 3 frigging times the first time

Do you think if he would have responded, maybe the 2nd occurrence would not have happened?

In fairness to Bo; my response would be its late in a 1-0 game - where they've played pretty well - your focused on getting the tying goal, and taking an undisciplined penalty would be a back breaker.

At the end of the game when they jumped in was the time. At the point it happened your still fighting for points you need, you hope the ref does his job.

• Cheers 1