The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, King Heffy said:

I think it's more accurate than any advanced stat that suggests he's having a good season so far.

Who said he was having a good year?  SOme stats show he might do well in a 2nd line winger role.  Thats all.  Maybe he would or maybe he wouldn't.  We never would have  discovered Burrows' potential if a coach hadn't rolled the dice.  Interesting how a couple of decent games and a win suddenly seems to convince so many that out lineup shouldn't be experimented with.  

6 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Who said he was having a good year?  SOme stats show he might do well in a 2nd line winger role.  Thats all.  Maybe he would or maybe he wouldn't.  We never would have  discovered Burrows' potential if a coach hadn't rolled the dice.  Interesting how a couple of decent games and a win suddenly seems to convince so many that out lineup shouldn't be experimented with.  

I'd rather give Motte a try in the top 6 if we're moving guys up.

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

If anything, the consistent low effort squad should be cycled out to the taxi squad.

With that said, it's taken some time for these guys to gel, and I think we're gonna see a playoff push yet again.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Cant believe the clowns on 650 want to trade Miller and Bo for Eichel.  

Made me realize why i stopped listening to this joke of a station.  

They do?

Wait, what's a '650'? Nah, I remember. 

Agreed, you should continue to stop listening. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

That could be interesting. Motte and hogs on a line would be entertaining and could  be very productive. 

That would be a blast to watch

55 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

For the most part I find 650 boring - but maybe that isn't being totally fair as I don't listen to them often

I’m excited with how the top 6 is playing right now.

I’m a little worried about the bottom 6. 

The defence is better as of late, Thanks to Jolevi mostly.

renewed confidence in Holtby, I hope he continues to play that well.

back to the bottom 6 , Green needs to make some changes there. 

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

The rumour I've been hearing is Horvat, Podkolzin, and a 1st.     

That deal might not be terrible in a vacuum but people often underestimate the impact a move like that would have on team chemistry.    Guys like Horvat and Miller for example, are huge presences in our lockerroom.    Horvat is a captain and also takes on a lot of our toughest match-ups.   One REALLY needs to think long and hard before trading a gem like Bo Horvat.      I personally would NOT make the Eichel deal.....especially in light of the fact that Eichel makes 10 million per season.   With Petey's contact coming up, this could easily turn into a situation where a guy like Petey says, "he got paid and so I want to get paid big as well."   Ditto for Quinn Hughes.   That's exactly what happened in Toronto by the way.  The Leafs signed Tavares to a huge contract and so there was no way that guys like Nylander, Marner, and Matthews were going to buy in one cap friendly deals.    

Now having said all that, 

Hoglander-Eichel-Boeser

Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen

xxx-Schmidt

Hughes-xxxx

Would be very interesting.   You'd have two very strong forward lines with a good PMD quarterbacking two separate lines.    

It's definitely a move that I'd try on NHL 21' but that's about it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1