The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Cant believe the clowns on 650 want to trade Miller and Bo for Eichel.  

Made me realize why i stopped listening to this joke of a station.  

Wow. What some people will do to stir the pot and seek attention... 

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Why are the jets so awful with a stacked fwd group like that!!

Perhaps there pacing themselves for the playoffs ?

Hoping for OJ and Demko to solidify there spots in our roster: #1 goalie and top six (been a long wait for OJ to arrive).

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 hour ago, DarkIndianRises said:

The rumour I've been hearing is Horvat, Podkolzin, and a 1st.     

That deal might not be terrible in a vacuum but people often underestimate the impact a move like that would have on team chemistry.    Guys like Horvat and Miller for example, are huge presences in our lockerroom.    Horvat is a captain and also takes on a lot of our toughest match-ups.   One REALLY needs to think long and hard before trading a gem like Bo Horvat.      I personally would NOT make the Eichel deal.....especially in light of the fact that Eichel makes 10 million per season.   With Petey's contact coming up, this could easily turn into a situation where a guy like Petey says, "he got paid and so I want to get paid big as well."   Ditto for Quinn Hughes.   That's exactly what happened in Toronto by the way.  The Leafs signed Tavares to a huge contract and so there was no way that guys like Nylander, Marner, and Matthews were going to buy in one cap friendly deals.    

Now having said all that, 

Hoglander-Eichel-Boeser

Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen

xxx-Schmidt

Hughes-xxxx

Would be very interesting.   You'd have two very strong forward lines with a good PMD quarterbacking two separate lines.    

It's definitely a move that I'd try on NHL 21' but that's about it.

You lost me at Flake in the top 6

• Haha 1