The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Entitled is ironic coming from you

You're kidding. Geez, I've busted my chops for many years. I've paid my dues you friggin' punk. You have no idea who I am or where I came from. For you to say that I'm entitled is a joke. Move along you silly goose.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Are you basing Bennings drafting ability off 2 picks?

I see your comtois and raise you tyamkin 

Pettersson 

Hughes 

Gaudette 

Demko 

Brisebois

Dipietro

McCann 

Virtanen

Boeser

OJ

Hoglander

Forsling

In 7 years of GM 12 picks have played at least 1 nhl game, with more prospects on the way. Hes had success drafting every position. It's kind of crazy.

His SCOUTING also got us the likes of chatfield, macewen, motte, sautner, teves, and i'm sure a couple more, who all have games played in the NHL as well

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

His SCOUTING also got us the likes of chatfield, macewen, motte, sautner, teves, and i'm sure a couple more, who all have games played in the NHL as well

Rathbone, Lind, Jasek and Gadjovich aren't looking too shabby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

Rathbone, Lind, Jasek and Gadjovich aren't looking too shabby.

Gad is a beast in front of the net. He is a fixture on their power play.

What team do we know who's power play could use a big guy in front of the net? Someone who can tip the puck and clean up the trash.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Awesome 

This guy was one of my favourites (like you I assume) and what a difference he would make on this team today. He’ll always have a special place in my heart. He reminded me a lot of Gary Howatt back in the day. A smaller guy who’d take on any heavyweight and usually do pretty well if not embarrass them. 

Miss the person and the player.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

How is finally making a change 4 years and zero success from Green a knee jerk reaction?

one covid qualifier and one playoff series win in 4 years. 3 other years out of playoffs. Worse record than Willie, with a much stronger roster. 4 years as coach and a record way under 500

3rd worst start to a season

lost 13 of last 15 

knee jerk reaction?

Completely agree. He's had 4 years to show what he can do. So far he hasn't had much success, yet he continues to employ the exact same systems he used in Utica. He's a one trick pony apparently incapable of making any major adjustments to complement the roster. Coaches in this industry have a shelf life and he's past his best before date. As Deb suggests replacing him may not solve everything,  but its a step in the right direction in my opinion.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Completely agree. He's had 4 years to show what he can do. So far he hasn't had much success, yet he continues to employ the exact same systems he used in Utica. He's a one trick pony apparently incapable of making any major adjustments to complement the roster. Coaches in this industry have a shelf life and he's past his best before date. As Deb suggests replacing him may not solve everything,  but its a step in the right direction in my opinion.  

And not replacing him will change anything ,we would accept the status quo 

We need a proven coach that is capable of implementing a system that works

hiring ahl guys and hoping they can work out at an ahl level has failed miserably 

keeping incompetent coaches because we feel the next ones may be worse is insane 

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

And not replacing him will change anything ,we would accept the status quo 

We need a proven coach that is capable of implementing a system that works

hiring ahl guys and hoping they can work out at an ahl level has failed miserably 

keeping incompetent coaches because we feel the next ones may be worse is insane 

Incompetent?  That's a stretch.   And, as stated, I'd look at replacing defensive and special teams coaching before the head coach.  We have half a dozen or more "coaches" on this team, not just one.

We had Torts....jabbing his finger in guy's shoulders and yelling in their ears as he insisted they ALL block a kazillion shots.  We had Keenan, who's listed in the top 10 NHL coaches...that worked out well (not).

You're missing a very important element in this - how players respond to a coach.  We've had "proven" coaches in the past and it's been disastrous.  No one said "keep the coach"...but I'd like your list of who you'd go after for the position?  Let's hear it.

• Cheers 1