The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Canucksince99 said:

Yeah I agree I wish they would play the young guys more but at the same time I think they’re not dressing them to keep them protected from Seattle. In the games they do play however, they need to be playing more minutes because they are actually playing very well. 

Yeah I gotta get the facts there. It was my understanding that we had to protect OJ regardless. But I’ll back off if that’s the case of games played but he looks like he deserves to be in the line up and crucial for our future 

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah Greener should be playing these youngsters a bit more. He should know by now that 2-3(barring next wave of prospects) of them will be in the bottom 6 long term. 

Tonight was Michaelis' first NHL game and he was over 12 minutes. 

Hawryluk's 2nd game of the season.

I think he rolled enough depth tonight considering they were facing a team that can score in bunches.

2 minutes ago, Canucksince99 said:

Yeah I agree I wish they would play the young guys more but at the same time I think they’re not dressing them to keep them protected from Seattle. In the games they do play however, they need to be playing more minutes because they are actually playing very well. 

They are afraid to play well because green will put them in the dog house!!! Aka Jake, oj scores a goal got benched. Demko gets a so benched... see the trajectory.  

Next game lineup I'll be watching very very closely. Demko earned this back to back and isn't tired...he's young and can do it again and frustrate the hell out of the Leafs. I'm not against Holtby, but as a coach, you have to play the hot hand and give it a chance. Put him in coach... fans want to see it!

4 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

was minus one didnt take his man when covering for hughes 

908C3262-7D6D-4056-9828-FBB06F953AF9.png

Plus minus doesn’t mean crap.

Hughes for example was -1 and deserved to be for the goal but he also set up a goal and subbed off. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

plus 1 is solid but sure  watever maybe we can give him participation medals 

Imagine caring about +/- for one game in 2021. Couldn't be me. Blaming a guy in his first game cause Hughes makes a terrible pinch. Also laughable.

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, cyacry said:

I might be wrong, but I think was undisclosed. Something nagging him, but notthing major. Again, I might be wrong. 

If I had to pick. It would be those two cross checks to the ribs by Russell in Calgary 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

plus 1 is solid but sure  watever maybe we can give him participation medals 

Dude, cut him some slack

He stepped in and looked like he belonged against one of the hottest teams in the league, he held his own

That's a win, he doesn't need a participation medal, we should be celebrating his moment 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Imagine caring about +/- in 2021. Couldn't be me. Blaming a guy in his first game cause Hughes makes a terrible pinch. Also laughable.

This, just a horrible take honestly. 

Edited by canuck73_3

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Very true. I knew Calgary was gonna run Markstrom into the ground. So early in the season too. 

I'm alright with not running them into the ground, but the last game against the Jet's was not smart in my opinion. You shut them out the night before, and you don't put the hot goaltender in? Why wouldn't you? You don't have to run him into the ground, but at that point, you won't to roll with the hot goalie to at least build some momentum. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Dude, cut him some slack

He stepped in and looked like he belonged against one of the hottest teams in the league, he held his own

That's a win, he doesn't need a participation medal, we should be celebrating his moment 

He looked a bit nervous at first but got stronger as the game went on. 

• Cheers 1