The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Michael Chaput, Michael Houser, Michael Amadio

If Beagle is out for a length of time, I wouldn't mind picking up Amadio. 51% on faceoffs this year and only costs 700k for this season. I don't think he's too far off from Gaudette. However, he could be a bit more physical as a bottom 6 player as he only has 2 hits in 20 games apparently this season. Could be a placeholder if we can get some value for Sutter as well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

However, he could be a bit more physical as a bottom 6 player as he only has 2 hits in 20 games apparently this season. Could be a placeholder if we can get some value for Sutter as well.

Out of context you'd think this is a Loui comment.

40 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

If Beagle is out for a length of time, I wouldn't mind picking up Amadio. 51% on faceoffs this year and only costs 700k for this season. I don't think he's too far off from Gaudette. However, he could be a bit more physical as a bottom 6 player as he only has 2 hits in 20 games apparently this season. Could be a placeholder if we can get some value for Sutter as well.

I agree.  Not a huge improvement over any guys in the line up but like you said, he would be a good fill-in for Beagle.  Problem is he's going to have to quarantine for 2-weeks and I believe the Canucks will have to send someone else down to pick him up just because of roster space.  I believe they could do that with Michaelis as I don't recall Roussel being placed on IR.  Prognosis for Beagle would have to be quite long for a waiver pick up of Amadio to make sense (which I know is what you said, but just stressing that it would probably have to be very long).

Edited by EternalCanuckFan
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

By the time he is done with the 14 day quarantine, Beagle could be back

9 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

By the time he is done with the 14 day quarantine, Beagle could be back

Another injury could happen in the next 14 days. He can play center or wing. Worst case is we waive him again and they can claim him back, or if they don't then it won't affect our cap and we have a depth option waiting in the wings. Decent enough on faceoffs and prior to this season was averaging around .25 PPG as a bottom 6 player and only 24 years old. Low risk move that doesn't cost anything. He probably wouldn't move the needle for us and not suggesting we must pick him up, but just saying that he has some decent attributes worth considering.