The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, Davathor said:

I knew when I saw that, that Horvats earned himself a lot of respect in this league already. I've seen him laughing with opponents and stuff too.

I haven't checked the rest of this thread post game but I'm gonna assume it's a $&!# show. See yall next game

You are so right about that.  So many here think that it was “unacceptable” that the team playing without 4 of their Centres in the last 10 minutes, could not come up with a better “effort”

Green’s attempts to protect his team, when fielding questions from the media, were just “delusional”. 
People just expect win, win, win, regardless of the circumstances.

Makes you wonder how people go about their lives. Some of us have bad days and good days. Others must live perfect lives, where nothing ever goes wrong- or else- who do I blame for it. GCG!

• Vintage 1

Just now, BPA said:

So Nucks back to being sellers?

It worries me how reactive this management group is.
In Bennings presser earlier this year, he said the team is a couple years away from competing. Then we string together half a dozen decent games and he wants to play a wait-and-see approach at the deadline. It really wouldn't surprise me if he flip flops again. I've defended Benning in the past, but it's becoming very obvious he does not have a clear vision for this team.

• Cheers 1

Just now, EmilyM said:

It worries me how reactive this management group is.
In Bennings presser earlier this year, he said the team is a couple years away from competing. Then we string together half a dozen decent games and he wants to play a wait-and-see approach at the deadline. It really wouldn't surprise me if he flip flops again. I've defended Benning in the past, but it's becoming very obvious he does not have a clear vision for this team.

We live in a day to day world so Jim's going to take things day by day 

12 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

injuries happen 

They do to most players. Particularly if your defensive strategy is to collapse and block shots.

Fun Fact. Patrick Marleau hasn’t missed a game since 2009. I think he’s over 800 games in a row. Now there’s a guy who knows how to stay out of harm’s way. 

Just now, Pickly said:

We live in a day to day world so Jim's going to take things day by day 

Of course I want the management group to evolve with the times, but does it ever seem like this team had a solid vision? To me it feels like Benning is always chasing something that past him by that he doesn't have his eye on the next thing that's coming.

4 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Of course I want the management group to evolve with the times, but does it ever seem like this team had a solid vision? To me it feels like Benning is always chasing something that past him by that he doesn't have his eye on the next thing that's coming.

I was being a smarta** referring to what he said in his presser. Of course his vision or lack thereof is concerning. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

You are so right about that.  So many here think that it was “unacceptable” that the team playing without 4 of their Centres in the last 10 minutes, could not come up with a better “effort”

Green’s attempts to protect his team, when fielding questions from the media, were just “delusional”. 
People just expect win, win, win, regardless of the circumstances.

Makes you wonder how people go about their lives. Some of us have bad days and good days. Others must live perfect lives, where nothing ever goes wrong- or else- who do I blame for it. GCG!

Take it was on  yourself and stop trying to psychoanalyze posters on a hockey forum based on what they post.  You have no &^@#ing idea what their lives look like, what they are dealing with or what motivates them to post.  Engage when you feel like it and ignore the rest.

5 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Take it was on  yourself and stop trying to psychoanalyze posters on a hockey forum based on what they post.  You have no &^@#ing idea what their lives look like, what they are dealing with or what motivates them to post.  Engage when you feel like it and ignore the rest.

I guess I should consider myself scolded?  I don’t tell you what to say or do. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I guess I should consider myself scolded?  I don’t tell you what to say or do. 

Sorry if it came off that way.  Just trying to save you the anxiety of attaching assumptions to people's posts.   Every poster has a different bag of $&!# they carry around and different expectations for their life and this team.  Impossible for anyone to know the reasons for why someone posts what they do.  

9 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Not sure which post this is referring to but some people post negative content always. A lot of times you don’t even hear from them after a win. If you’re on the forum long enough it’s pretty obvious who those people are and easier to see who is posting something that may seem off when you consider the other posts the poster has made in the past.

3 hours ago, knucklehead91 said:

Can everyone take a moment to acknowledge a few things

1) Benning inherited a team with no prospects, no up and comers aside from Horvat, The approaching end of the Sedin Saga in which he did all he could to give them a shot at a cup until the day they were done.

2)The rebuild started at the end of the 2017-18 season when the Sedins played their final game. Benning spent 4 years trying desperately to get the Sedins a cup. But the teams and “prospects” were a pile of glit, half glue half sh*t. So Bennings rebuild in 3 years has actually accomplished as much or more than Chevyldayoff.  2 years after the rebuild officially began, we were tied 0-0 in the last 5 minutes of game 7 of the semis. All we needed was a goal and a few saves and we would have went to the WCF.

THE REBUILD HAS ONLY BEEN 3 YEARS PEOPLE STOP WITH THIS 7 YEAR CRAP

Re: bolded... If you're correct, then that would back up my point. If Benning really "did all he could to give them a shot at a cup", then I wouldn't trust him to build a contending team. In his first four seasons, the team went 140-150-38 - one of the worst records in the league over that time. 

If he was truly doing his best to help the team win in the short term, then that's just awful. Not to mention the picks/prospects he traded away for guys like Sutter and Gudbranson, or the money he sunk into fringe players like Eriksson and Roussel.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Not sure which post this is referring to but some people post negative content always. A lot of times you don’t even hear from them after a win. If you’re on the forum long enough it’s pretty obvious who those people are and easier to see who is posting something that may seem off when you consider the other posts the poster has made in the past.

At the end of the day, the worst drama on a hockey forum is still easier to handle than an average day on any other social media.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Don't disagree. My point was trying to connect their comments to how they live their lives or what is going on in them.  Its pointless and takes it to personal level no one has knowledge of. That's all. 

• Cheers 1