The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 hours ago, Cluminati* said:

Our hard working Captain goes down hard, struggled off the ice and is probably out long-term.. yet all we typically want to talk about after a loss is who needs to go, Quinn’s +/-, projected lineups, firing JB and TG etc. Sad!

Get well soon Bo! 

We all wish the best for BO (don't kid yourself) - BUT - the reason why everyone is talking about all the other problems on this team is just because BO's demise highlights the fact that without him and no one to replace his valuable effort, this team has major problems that still need to be fixed because without BO & EP40 we're essentially down to 2 dependable scorers (Miller & Boeser) and a whack of old, bottom sixers (probably the worst in the league) and a rag-tag team of defensemen, AHL Caliber coaches and Lazy Jake with a 6.2% chance of making the playoffs because we've been supposedly rebuilding for the last decade and this is where we end up with nothing to replace a guy like BO.    I'd say we've got bigger problems than BO's injuries (not to take away from that)!

Edited by RU SERIOUS

Go Canucks Go. Let’s even this up tomorrow. Back to .500, a break, then a super run to the playoffs. 

Call me delusional. I’ll be cheering with Captain Bo back till the end! Always 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

"you know he'll play..." where have I heard that before? 

was it you that said that to me???

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Go Canucks Go. Let’s even this up tomorrow. Back to .500, a break, then a super run to the playoffs. 

Call me delusional. I’ll be cheering with Captain Bo back till the end! Always 

was it you that said that to me???

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Finally a pretty decent game by the Canucks. Crossbars and posts can do you in. I thought they were breaking out most of the time, well. Scrambly at times in the d-zone but markedly better than the road trip. Demko mostly screened on the ones that found the net. I prefer more TOI to the 3rd and 4th lines. Again there is not enough upside to have Hughes playing 2 minute shifts. I don't care if it pays off now and then. Long term it will cause a problem on this team. The fact that he is doing so tells me this is not a serious playoff team. 

Yes Quinn was on the ice for 3 of the goals last night, if his defensive frailties are because he is being overplayed, then that is an easy fix.

I think the reality is that the Canucks need to win almost all of their games to keep up. They went on that long winning streak and how far did they actually jump up, not much. The biggest problem they has was that long losing streak. It’s come back to

bite then and every loss is so big. It’s almost impossible for them to make it. Playing every game like it’s a playoff game is going to be mentally taxing. How far do you expect them to go if they make it after playing all these playoff type games? 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

7 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Yes Quinn was on the ice for 3 of the goals last night, if his defensive frailties are because he is being overplayed, then that is an easy fix.

That is my view as well he needs high energy to play solid D, he can do great offensive when he is tired but the defensive side of his game needs that fresh energy to be effective

17 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We all wish the best for BO (don't kid yourself) - BUT - the reason why everyone is talking about all the other problems on this team is just because BO's demise highlights the fact that without him and no one to replace his valuable effort, this team has major problems that still need to be fixed because without BO & EP40 we're essentially down to 2 dependable scorers (Miller & Boeser) and a whack of old, bottom sixers (probably the worst in the league) and a rag-tag team of defensemen, AHL Caliber coaches and Lazy Jake with a 6.2% chance of making the playoffs because we've been supposedly rebuilding for the last decade and this is where we end up with nothing to replace a guy like BO.    I'd say we've got bigger problems than BO's injuries (not to take away from that)!

I wouldn't describe our defencemen as rag-tag. We have some great players but there is no structure to them, We get hemmed in our own zone for way too long, it seemed like we spent 60% of last night's game trying to play out from our D zone and failing. The result is that we get very few shots at the other end of the ice. Montreal and Winnipeg are no more than average teams, we have no chance against good teams like Boston, Washington and Tampa Bay with our present defensive setup.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, D-Money said:

That wasn't entirely under his control though. Trouba demanded out, and Byfuglien had an injury that led to his falling out with the team, and the NHL in general. Had he known the latter, he could have addressed it in free agency.

Time has proven he did pretty well in the Trouba trade. Pionk has been solid, and Heinola looks promising.

The team did have control over the Buff situation and just mangled it. The team thought he was malingering, turns out he had a real injury. He didn't want to go back to a team that thought he was a liar.

I'm honestly not too familiar with Heinola, I'll look into him. Maybe they can recover

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Bo is one tough SOB. Happy to have this young man captain this team. 

They make them tougher out on the farm.

What a lift that would be to the team if he suits up tomorrow. How can you not wanna go to battle with that guy?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PRACTICE | Travis Green

Thomas Drance showing yet again that he must have won a contest to be in the position he’s in...

”Were you pleasantly surprised that Horvats injury wasn’t worse” :lol:

Green handled that pretty well I must say. Drance is lucky he doesn’t have to deal with Torts. He’d be peeing in his pants.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1