Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Bottom line.. excercise should be part of everyone's covid plan. To call it stupid is well... stupid.

Look the exercise is good, being fit is good, I think that is obvious. What Marjorie Taylor Greene is saying, "You don't need masks, you don't need vaccinations, you don't need to be 2 metres apart, go out and socialize, because if you do what I am doing, you will not get COVIC_19". I agree with all of your comments about exercising, but being fit does not mean avoid the other things.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Who cares who the first infected was? You can get infected without acting like an idiot. 

 

I partly agree... but you can still get infected by being careless!!

 

We can all manage our risk levels if we do ALL of the following:

 

a) avoid dining in (restaurants to re-open in less than 3 weeks)

b) avoid going into fitness centres.... just work out at home!!!!

c) wear 3-layer certified medical masks (not just a piece of cloth)

d) keep mask on even walking around outside... it's been proven the new variants do transmit outdoor easily even if you keep 2M apart.... 

e) sanitize hands after touching ANYTHING

f) stay away from anti-maskers

g) repeat all the above

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Who cares who the first infected was? You can get infected without acting like an idiot. 

sorry dude.. just one more point.... and no offense, it is that kind of attitude in most ppl that's amplifying the current surge!!

 

always try to do MORE to protect yourself and your family... and don't just wing it... most young ppl still don't get the concept of pandemic!! 

 

ok, I apologize for sounding like nagging father! :)  in the end, common sense should prevail!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Bravo!!! you talk like a sensible finance guy (like me!) .....

 

CRA hates to see ppl getting non-monetary incentives .... unless it was just a one-off staff meal or some sort of staff party prizes.... but if material amount, you are still required to report it as a taxable benefit!!

 

It's all fair right?? Who would want to see the rich getting richer without paying applicable taxes??


Haha...  I still don't claim my airline frequent flyer points.  Taking it to the Man like the rebel I am!!!!

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

So...... is Gaudette the first player infected?? his wife kept saying they had done nothing wrong... but only they know who they met and where they've been... 

 

same thing with Benn... when asked by reporters...  "Nope! no idea... " and off the hook!

 

It's ok... if you don't wanna tell.. just make up some crap like "ohhhh I was in the elevator with a stranger.. and neither of us was wearing a mask when exchanging pleasantry!"

 

Something in the back of my mind says Lazy Jake is somehow at the root of this story!    Not sure why......

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Provost said:


Haha...  I still don't claim my airline frequent flyer points.  Taking it to the Man like the rebel I am!!!!

 

Wait.. are your flyer points accumulated from business trips?? be real careful.... check with HR/Payroll first before you redeem.. make sure they are not reporting taxable benefits... technically, those points belong to the employer!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Canucks season should be canceled at this point. It’s a truncated season anyway due to this plague.

 

The players won’t be able to get back to playing shape in time and trying to condense the remainder of a compressed season into an even more compressed timeframe is extremely thoughtless and ignorant on the league’s part.
 

Recovering from this virus takes time and the players will need that time for both them and their families. 

I wouldn't mind seeing a half utica half canucks team see out the remaining games, like a prolonged exhibition series. Pending safety concerns obviously. But purely from a hockey perspective I would love to see how our young's performed for a string of games. 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

sorry dude.. just one more point.... and no offense, it is that kind of attitude in most ppl that's amplifying the current surge!!

 

always try to do MORE to protect yourself and your family... and don't just wing it... most young ppl still don't get the concept of pandemic!! 

 

ok, I apologize for sounding like nagging father! :)  in the end, common sense should prevail!

 

Except in Surrey where I live, where about 30-40% don't wear mask and why we have the highest contamination in the country.   I'm not sure what's wrong with people in this town but many seem to not adhere to health guidelines to the detriment of others.   

Maybe the health authority should consider publishing health guidelines in other languages as many people in my town can't speak English and they should be warned too!

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Virtanen#18 said:

Wait.. are your flyer points accumulated from business trips?? be real careful.... check with HR/Payroll first before you redeem.. make sure they are not reporting taxable benefits... technically, those points belong to the employer!

Oh I know they are "supposed" to be taxable benefits....  muahahahahahahahaha

My very large semi-public employer (which I am now long retired from) never treated them that way or had them accrue to the company.

I commuted between Vancouver and Ottawa weekly for years.


 

one-foot-island-cruise-aitutaki-cook-islands.jpg

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

She has every single right too. Humanity has shown her very little respect, and has tried to circumvent her authority. Bad idea.

Don’t mess with Mother Nature.

68365B63-EC6A-4769-8143-093CC71E9861.gif

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, austy said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a half utica half canucks team see out the remaining games, like a prolonged exhibition series. Pending safety concerns obviously. But purely from a hockey perspective I would love to see how our young's performed for a string of games. 

I'd love to see Juolevi get some games again. He looked great and then, inexplicably, Green sat him. Would also like to see how Lind and Gadjovich look playing NHL games. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

 

Except in Surrey where I live, where about 30-40% don't wear mask and why we have the highest contamination in the country.   I'm not sure what's wrong with people in this town but many seem to not adhere to health guidelines to the detriment of others.   

Maybe the health authority should consider publishing health guidelines in other languages as many people in my town can't speak English and they should be warned too!

I feel for you bro!!!

 

And that explains the current disaster.... even if you try so hard to follow all the health protocols... always some a-holes nearby messing up ur life.... 

 

So, my advice is, TRY to do a self lockdown!!! ONLY go out late nights to buy groceries... and that's it! hunker down!!! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd love to see Juolevi get some games again. He looked great and then, inexplicably, Green sat him. Would also like to see how Lind and Gadjovich look playing NHL games. 

Gadjovich needs to make his NHL debut soon or his super hot GF is gonna leave him.... for Virtanen!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Gadjovich needs to make his NHL debut soon or his super hot GF is gonna leave him.... for Virtanen!

Do ya think Lazy Jake would actually leave those Abby girls for her?   I don't think she can drive tractors anything close to what the girls can do way out in Abbotsford!

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Do ya think Lazy Jake would actually leave those Abby girls for her?   I don't think she can drive tractors anything close to what the girls can do way out in Abbotsford!

 

Wait... what?????????? Abby girls can drive tractors??? as in the big a$$ tractors on farm lands?? woo wow! that's hot!

 

Jake gets any girls he wants... he's a cute bad boy that hotties fall for... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

 

I partly agree... but you can still get infected by being careless!!

 

We can all manage our risk levels if we do ALL of the following:

 

a) avoid dining in (restaurants to re-open in less than 3 weeks)

b) avoid going into fitness centres.... just work out at home!!!!

c) wear 3-layer certified medical masks (not just a piece of cloth)

d) keep mask on even walking around outside... it's been proven the new variants do transmit outdoor easily even if you keep 2M apart.... 

e) sanitize hands after touching ANYTHING

f) stay away from anti-maskers

g) repeat all the above

And avoid playing ice hockey.  I read that of all the professional sports, ice hockey was the most likely to suffer this kind of super spreader event because of the inversion at ice level.  The warm air above, holds a layer of cold air at ice-level, which means that instead of rising and dissipating, the virus instead stays concentrated at that cold level, which is right where the players are breathing hard.  They should have been practicing with elevation masks, at least that might have saved a few from taking in what were likely massive viral loads.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

And avoid playing ice hockey.  I read that of all the professional sports, ice hockey was the most likely to suffer this kind of super spreader event because of the inversion at ice level.  The warm air above, holds a layer of cold air at ice-level, which means that instead of rising and dissipating, the virus instead stays concentrated at that cold level, which is right where the players are breathing hard.  They should have been practicing with elevation masks, at least that might have saved a few from taking in what were likely massive viral loads.

 

staying with hockey.... they should also have used individual segregated urinals and shower rooms with proper plexiglass divider walls...  Boeser was smart.. he got the hell out of that dressing room quick after practice!! 

 

what does an elevation mask look like?? 

 

ok................... on a more serious note, if every player is committed to staying in his own safe bubble... this could have been avoided!! unless of course, a grocery cashier coughed on you within a few meters and both of you got crappy masks! ppl are so stuck in this mentality... ohhhh easier said than done... you can make it easy!!! we are all grown a$$ men dealing with this crap for over a year now!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

And avoid playing ice hockey.  I read that of all the professional sports, ice hockey was the most likely to suffer this kind of super spreader event because of the inversion at ice level.  The warm air above, holds a layer of cold air at ice-level, which means that instead of rising and dissipating, the virus instead stays concentrated at that cold level, which is right where the players are breathing hard.  They should have been practicing with elevation masks, at least that might have saved a few from taking in what were likely massive viral loads.

 

Just curious..... are you the President of Bonnie Fetish Club??? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Look the exercise is good, being fit is good, I think that is obvious. What Marjorie Taylor Greene is saying, "You don't need masks, you don't need vaccinations, you don't need to be 2 metres apart, go out and socialize, because if you do what I am doing, you will not get COVIC_19". I agree with all of your comments about exercising, but being fit does not mean avoid the other things.

Old leatherface Margie Q Greene is a complete moron, and waste of air.  She's a proponent of Qanon, a conspiracy theory joke likely dreamed up by the creator 8-chan to drive internet traffic, that has now become a major organizing movement within the Republican Party.  They literally believe some incredibly far-out things that you would think only people on a bad acid trip, or with serious mental health issues would believe.  The sooner she's off the national stage, the better.  Oh, and like so many in the Republican party, she's a family values hypocrite, espousing evangelical values at the same time she's having trysts with multiple men from her gym.  It was so bad that Cross-Fit has disavowed her.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SNuck changed the title to [GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP
  • SNuck unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...