The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Apparently "a Canucks player" decided to go to a Vancouver restaurant to eat, and now the entire team is affected. Started with Gaudette

Adam, Skip the Dishes dude.  

Was Gaudette the first? I know he tested positive first but I thought Jake was feeling sick for a while before testing positive?

Were they not allowed to go to restaurants? I don't know the limits of their bubbles.

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Apparently "a Canucks player" decided to go to a Vancouver restaurant to eat, and now the entire team is affected. Started with Gaudette

so where is the source?

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Was Gaudette the first? I know he tested positive first but I thought Jake was feeling sick for a while before testing positive?

Were they not allowed to go to restaurants? I don't know the limits of their bubbles.

Was the restaurant owned by Aqua?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

And people wonder why injury reports etc. Are so vague especially in Canada. All we know is Gaudette tested positive first. I think pointing fingers is both premature and classless. 

Agreed.

Doesn't matter. No member of the org wanted this.

If going to a restaurant was against their bubble restrictions then I think that player used bad judgement but we are only human and this pandemic is tough for all. 

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I just remember an interview with Hogz where he talked about not being able to go anywhere, just out for walks. They weren't allowed to go to each other's homes for dinner, so you would think restaurants would be out.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

you  really shouldn't be spreading hearsay like that around

• Cheers 4

4 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Except in Surrey where I live, where about 30-40% don't wear mask and why we have the highest contamination in the country.   I'm not sure what's wrong with people in this town but many seem to not adhere to health guidelines to the detriment of others.   

Maybe the health authority should consider publishing health guidelines in other languages as many people in my town can't speak English and they should be warned too!

Which part or area of town is this? 

I've been staying in Surrey last 2 months. After 1 month in whiterock..My vehicle was still in Alberta so I did a lot of walking and public transport. I have not seen what you are talking about. 

I dont see people without masks out and about. I've stayed in North Delta Newton area and in South Surrey and Whiterock since January. Everywhere I go every one is wearing masks. 

• Cheers 1

Sigh...well as more players get infected.....the delays will continue....they kinda have to put all the players back into a bubble again.....no interactions with anyone outside of the organisation.....again wishing all the players and their families and the staff all the best ....

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, combover said:

Because we are a country of dependants.

we've farmed anything and everything overseas. We depend on other country’s to supply us with everything.

Even things we have we send away only to buy it back. A result Decades of weak spineless governments afraid of offending an ant. 
From municipal right through to the feds our system is a failure. 
but I guess when your a country run by special interests and big business saving $$$$ is more important than lives. 

Yup. Do people know how Canadians are getting ripped off...twice...in new drug research and development? 

We fund university labs, and working scientists there through taxes. For years sometimes developing a new drug or vaccine I'd imagine. If and when one is successful, Canadians, even though we funded all the research, do not benefit. Instead, universities, and even individual research scientists are allowed to sell their research work to anyone that pays them the most. Usually that is big US pharma.

Then, Canadians pay again for the jacked up prices that the US pharmaceutical companies demand. 

Insane.

19 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

How is  this even remotely profitable?

It probably isn’t but I imagine they hope to use the promotion to build confidence in their ability to host fans. I should have added that their Instagram page says that fans will need proof of vaccination or a negative pcr/antigen test to attend.

Can someone help. I can't see the red bell sign when someone leaves me a msg. Usually top right corner.

If i refresh the page it fashes i have 5 msgs but goes away in a split second as the page loads.

Edited by WHL rocks