The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Basically all the players and coaches have it, does it really matter what the number is up to. It changes nothing other then our boys are going through some tough things. 

Also is this my phone our did the format? Change on the forum 

We aren’t going to win the Stanley cup. Let us finish with this point total and compensate us with lottery odds since the NHL Covid protocol and our government failed us. I can’t believe that we are the only team to have a full outbreak out of all the teams in all the major sports playing through this. Pretty embarrassing. It’s also embarrassing that only the North Division is going to be unvaccinated. The NHLPA and the NHL need to step up. You can walk into a pharmacy in the US and get a shot, boom, done. It’s unfortunate that we have a buffoon as PM but certainly the league can take matters into its own hands and get the league vaccinated. At this rate the North Division won’t be vaccinated till Christmas and we definitely won’t be opening the boarder. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Being physically  Fit and in good cardiovascular  shape should be part of everyone's covid plan..

It's not that you won't get Covid. It's that if you excercisr regularly and you are a healthy individual you will be much much better off IF/When you do get it

It's common knowledge that healthy people are able to fight off covid better than unhealthy people. Need less hospitalization and have a higher survival rate because they have a healthier imune system healthier weight amongst many other pros

Excercise helps fight against heart disease cancer cardio vascular disease anxiety depression etc.

I dont know what's stupid about it except for DEM vs GOP politics.

https://newsroom.uvahealth.com/2020/04/15/covid-19-exercise-may-help-prevent-deadly-complication/#:~:text=Regular exercise may reduce the,suggest a potential treatment approach.

Regular exercise may reduce the risk of acute respiratory distress syndrome, a major cause of death in patients with the COVID-19 virus, a top exercise researcher reports. He is urging people to exercise based on his findings, which also suggest a potential treatment approach.

Totally, and (as you mentioned) it's not covid-specific. Urging someone to exercise just because of covid is a bit funny though. Obesity is the leading cause of preventable death in the US. More than smoking, car crashes, drug use, etc. If people were dying from not exercising before, I'm not sure adding one more disease to the list of thousands that are made worse by obesity will change anything? 

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Like stawns....not confirmed and when I was really sick it was pre Covid (December 2019).   But I've had ongoing issues since then and they have never been able to pinpoint what/why.  Did a scan at VGH a week ago and am going back for a consultation next week.

The ER deal was last month...was having difficulty breathing and called 8-1-1 at the direction of my boss (I work in a school) and was directed to go to ER via ambulance.  (LOL I told them to come without lights/sirens...they came with the whole brigade, lights/siren blaring...fire truck/ambulance x 2).  That was when I really started following up with testing, etc.  And the low heart/erratic heart rate was detected.

I went through some stuff in 2019 also. 2019 had more strange flue type viruses that were going around. It was a strange year.  I have also had some issues that have continued. Improved but still there. ( Pulse related)

No one was looking for covid-19 then.( mid 2019 for me)

I think we will find that this virus has been around longer then people think and does more damage than anyone thought.

Young or old.

• Thanks 1

• -SN- changed the title to [GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Someone | Some day | Some time | SNP
32 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Basically all the players and coaches have it, does it really matter what the number is up to. It changes nothing other then our boys are going through some tough things. 

Also is this my phone our did the format? Change on the forum 

I was wondering the same thing, now that i see its different for someone else I have no reason to smash my POS phone.... i dont like it

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

I was wondering the same thing, now that i see its different for someone else I have no reason to smash my POS phone.... i dont like it

Yeah seems harder to navigate or something idk. Don’t like change at the best of times 

22 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

We aren’t going to win the Stanley cup. Let us finish with this point total and compensate us with lottery odds since the NHL Covid protocol and our government failed us. I can’t believe that we are the only team to have a full outbreak out of all the teams in all the major sports playing through this. Pretty embarrassing. It’s also embarrassing that only the North Division is going to be unvaccinated. The NHLPA and the NHL need to step up. You can walk into a pharmacy in the US and get a shot, boom, done. It’s unfortunate that we have a buffoon as PM but certainly the league can take matters into its own hands and get the league vaccinated. At this rate the North Division won’t be vaccinated till Christmas and we definitely won’t be opening the boarder. 

Definitely going to get a top 5 pick in the draft.

You can't blame the NHL or government Covid protocols...the other NHL teams appear to be doing fairly well.  I don't know why you are taking all of this personally by feeling embarrassed.

Selling vaccines at pharmacies supports an elite group.  Perhaps the USA has a huge stock of the vaccine, so they can distribute it in such a way without compromising their vaccination program.  I really don't know (or care).

In Canada, the plan is to offer the vaccines to the elderly and vulnerable first.  With the questionable availability of the vaccine, this is the best way to distribute it.

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but in BC, everyone will have been vaccinated by the end of June.  In the coming weeks, we will be receiving greater amounts of the vaccine, so I think the distribution will be even faster.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Who is going to be the one unbreakable player that doesn’t get it?

Any bets on Eriksson?

I don't want to piss on your cornflakes, but....why would you wish, or bet against anyone getting this damn virus? I know too many people that have gone through it, ranging from a positive test to death.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Definitely going to get a top 5 pick in the draft.

don't count your chickens just yet, right now we have a 91% chance of picking 10th or 11th with a lot of bad teams ahead of us, as it were. 

You can't blame the NHL or government Covid protocols...the other NHL teams appear to be doing fairly well.  I don't know why you are taking all of this personally by feeling embarrassed.

could have happened to any team, and still may 

Selling vaccines at pharmacies supports an elite group.  Perhaps the USA has a huge stock of the vaccine, so they can distribute it in such a way without compromising their vaccination program.  I really don't know (or care).

In Canada, the plan is to offer the vaccines to the elderly and vulnerable first.  With the questionable availability of the vaccine, this is the best way to distribute it.

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but in BC, everyone will have been vaccinated by the end of June.  In the coming weeks, we will be receiving greater amounts of the vaccine, so I think the distribution will be even faster.

the lesson here is to maybe not be so stupid as a country and start making things again 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah seems harder to navigate or something idk. Don’t like change at the best of times 

Mine is odd...the “Chandler Stephenson suspended” has no right hand column like the other pages. I don’t mind the change there but everywhere else the posts are all crammed in the left side & the right side is left blank just to accommodate the little bit of new info that has been added at the top. Seems much harder to read and even to post. I’m on an iPad so I assume it must be even worse on a phone (if it’s the same.)

• Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Mine is odd...the “Chandler Stephenson suspended” has no right hand column like the other pages. I don’t mind the change there but everywhere else the posts are all crammed in the left side & the right side is left blank just to accommodate the little bit of new info that has been added at the top. Seems much harder to read and even to post. I’m on an iPad so I assume it must be even worse on a phone (if it’s the same.)

It's cleaner and easier to read on my phone. Looks a lot brighter. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

Just logged on thought the same thing. Not. A. Fan. 

I think for me what I dont like is the colour scheme. White on white and grey... where are our canuck colors! :mad:

Edited by LionofJudah
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1