The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sutter and Benn on the market

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Well pissing off a bunch of his friends who you have to negotiate contracts with in the millions of dollars in very short order seems like really bad business.

In real life, business is about relationships... not trying to &^@# people over as much as you can.

I'm sure his friends aren't upset, you know the business you're getting into. You can't become a hockey player and not be aware that you could be moved at the trade deadline. 

I'm sure the "friends" (Petey and Hughes) you're talking about are already upset that guys like Eriksson are sitting and making more money than them. 

I'm sure they're actually more excited after the Pearson contract because it probably guaranteed them a million or two more than before. 

2 hours ago, Provost said:

I am not going to blame Benning for not trading them under these conditions.

(I will still blame him on not proactively trying to trade players weeks ago).

If Sutter’s little kids and pregnant wife are still down with Covid caused by infection at his workplace, then it would be a huge douche move to trade him.

You literally have way less fortunate people being affected by covid in a far greater manner than some rich hockey player. It is what it is, it's a business after all.  If JB is going to start making emotional decisions, he should maybe step down. 

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Neither of these guys are moving I’d put money on it. Somebody’s gotta tweet at least something around the Canucks, I get it 

Good thing I didn’t put real money down haha maybe he is moved. I would be cool with that I miss OJ

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

So when is Sutter getting his new contract? Heard he wants 5x5 and Benning is willing to give it to him. 

10 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

Your so silly. 

Right?  He clearly wants the GMJB Special 6x6 deal.