The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | April 24, 7 p.m. | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hahaha yes, I'm shocked that I've read about Myers this year and how he's not that great, blah blah blah.  

You can't teach 6'9 or 6'8.  

If we're going to have Hughes and Rathbone on our D long term, we need to have a Myers and Tryamkin to offset the smaller d-men. Schmidty, Hamonic and Juolevi have average size.  That's a good 7 man D group! 

Maybe not, but you can teach 69. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

They've been missing Edler is what I'm saying.  

I'll believe that Tryamkin can play in this league when I see him

I’m torn on it all.  Edler even at his age is such a stabilizing presence back there.  

I’d love to roll the dice on Tryamkin, though. 

...but I also think we’re at a point where  either Juolevi/Rathbone should be in the lineup. 

I also really think Hamonic should be back.

...then Schmidt, Myers and Hughes are back and locked in.  It’s a bit of a conundrum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I thought he looked like an NHLer 4 years ago. I could probably list 10 worse that have played for the Canucks since. 

He looked to me like he could develop into one 4 years ago.  But when he went back to Russia, that was the end of his development.  

Show me he can play in the NHL.  I'd love it if he could.  But show me

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

I’m torn on it all.  Edler even at his age is such a stabilizing presence back there.  

I’d love to roll the dice on Tryamkin, though. 

...but I also think we’re at a point where  either Juolevi/Rathbone should be in the lineup. 

I also really think Hamonic should be back.

...then Schmidt, Myers and Hughes are back and locked in.  It’s a bit of a conundrum.

With what we have knocking at the door i think its time to tear off that bandaid.

• Cheers 2

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Safe to say that wasn't at Great Clips 

When I was younger, slimmer and cuter I had a haircut at great clips and for all intents and purposes she might have as well been topless, I did leave a good tip.

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Jake for Zadorov...  although I think he's going to be an RFA and I can't see Chicago qualifying him at (3.3 mil I think it is?) 

Yes, roughly the same money as Jake,.  But maybe Zadorov might like the scenery here with Tryamkin and Podz ?   2 year bridge to UFA 2-2.5 per.?  Just a thought.

Arriving late (as it is baseball season), has there been any comment on Schmidt's goal where it appears that MacEwen touched the puck when the Senator's d-man passed it up the middle? I don't see anything on the broadcast totals to reflect that he should be getting an assist.

regards,  G.