The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

im pretty sure they were 6-3-1 and before those final 2 losses we ot hit with the injury bug.

people will continue to use covid as a excuse because they have intelligent well thought out ways of viewing how taking 3 weeks off  from a game due to sickness is not a advantage. also it sccrewed up our very reasonable schedule and turned in  to 4 games in 6 nights

I don’t know what team you were watching but the Canucks have had a disastrous season.
THIS WAS BEFORE COVID. 

A condensed schedule like now will not help but they got themselves into this mess.

BEFORE COVID.

• Like 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

I don’t know what team you were watching but the Canucks have had a disastrous season.
THIS WAS BEFORE COVID. 

A condensed schedule like now will not help but they got themselves into this mess.

BEFORE COVID.

YOU ARE YELLING BUT ALSO INCORRECT.

THE CANUCKS WERE THE HOTTEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE IN MARCH. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

I’m getting excited for the draft.

The sad part of this is that this years draft will have a lot of uncertainty as compared to a normal season. It never is a sure thing with drafts but it will be harder to assess these kids from the lack of or reduced games. It will be more of a gamble. Watch this be the year Vancouver finally wins the draft lottery

Edited by grandmaster
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

In March....wow. So all those terrible games before meant nothing :picard:

of course they don't mean nothing, they meant a lot actually.

at the beginning of the year every analyst pretty much predicted us to finish the season in 6th place. even though we were the same team we had two goaltenders with question marks over thier head? the goalies underperformed,our star player had his first ever major slump and our d pairings were struggling to find chemistry. january we played pretty poorly, february it seemed like we started to gel, but still came up short on most nights.

march was great for our team, powerplay was on fire and so was demko. i think our pk was ranked 14th in the middle of the month. then all the injuries and we started struggling again,then covid hit the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

of course they don't mean nothing, they meant a lot actually.

at the beginning of the year every analyst pretty much predicted us to finish the season in 6th place. even though we were the same team we had two goaltenders with question marks over thier head? the goalies underperformed,our star player had his first ever major slump and our d pairings were struggling to find chemistry. january we played pretty poorly, february it seemed like we started to gel, but still came up short on most nights.

march was great for our team, powerplay was on fire and so was demko. i think our pk was ranked 14th in the middle of the month. then all the injuries and we started struggling again,then covid hit the team. 

Wow, great month, our PP is mediocre, re-sign  Brown and let’s pretend January and February never happened. Our team sucks, blame COVID, blame the refs, blame Toronto, until you place the blame where it belongs you might as well keep writing off seasons and regurgitating excuses, any wonder why 50 years in we have no Cup?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Wow, great month, our PP is mediocre, re-sign  Brown and let’s pretend January and February never happened. Our team sucks, blame COVID, blame the refs, blame Toronto, until you place the blame where it belongs you might as well keep writing off seasons and regurgitating excuses, any wonder why 50 years in we have no Cup?

I swear to god, if the rumours are true and Green got an offer then this is without a doubt the worst day in the history of our team. Give me your googlie  eyes but while your at it save a link so in 2030 I can say “I told you so.”

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

In watching the Canucks this season, its immediately obvious that unless Demko or Holtby stand on their head the teams defensive play is simply too shaky to ever believe they can sustain any winning momentum.

Imagine coaching a bunch of NHLers, and telling them to go stand in the middle of the ice, and wave your stick at passes and shots?

Can you imagine this?

Inept. Inconceivable. Inadequate. Insane. Incoherent. Inexcusable. 

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I swear to god, if the rumours are true and Green got an offer then this is without a doubt the worst day in the history of our team. Give me your googlie  eyes but while your at it save a link so in 2030 I can say “I told you so.”

I'm just hoping he has a gentleman's agreement with the Krackheads.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

He is the king of cherry picking stats that fit his preconceived conclusion.

listen, i put you on ignore, but i see everything still.

your arguments continue to lack substance to prove your narrative, they are literally a biased opinion, nothing more nothing less.

again, i will express how i respond to all or nothing biased views, with no facts to support those views.

if you are going to argue that the team sucked before covid, without being honest about thier successes. expect a argument to prove that these POV'S are not 100% true.

if someone on this board uses vulgar language to bring home those posts, and especially if the vulgairity is in the form of a insult. I will bring the same respect   the poster brought for the target of thier vulgarity.

these are real people with families. imagine thier famlies, imagine them reading these posts,imagine thier son or daughter being bullied because thier father is talked about so negatively.

you have clearly stated several times now, you don't care about what people think you or your arguments. unfortunately this is the reality for other posters from this forum. 

all i ask of you is to imagine thier family is in the  same conversation as you, when you make criticisms. 

the truth is anger,hate,spite and lies just leads to yourself and other people becoming angry,stressed and possibly depressed.

you and everyone are a important person person in this world. Actions matter and reaction's are expected.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

hate the instigation rule, but yeah that was dumb, gives hamonic one a couple weeks back.

or last week i guess*

That is the most frustrating part about hockey atm... nobody has a clue, what will be called and what won’t be called.  Or even worse, when....

I get missed calls are part of the game, but inconsistency is annoying as %#$@.....

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

Quick facts in regards to the upcoming schedule.

12 games left with 8 on the road. 12 games in 20 days. Our road record is 7-12-1. Our home record is 12-10-2. Our record in backs to back is 5-8-1 and our record for the 2nd game of back to backs is 1-5-1(1st game of back to back record is 4-3-0)

8 of those games will be backs to back(four back to backs in total). 2 of those back to backs are Home/Away(will require travel) and also we play those games in a 5 day span(4 games in 5 days).

Only 1 day rest in between games and a total of 8 rest days and we could be travelling most of those rest days(5 of them if we decided to travel during them).

To put this into perspective we had 3 back to backs in the month of January in almost the same type of schedule(11 games in 18 days in January). Big difference is we started the season playing this schedule in January. We were fresh at the start of the season. This time around we've already played 7 games in 12 days in April prior to this upcoming 12 games in 20 days during May(plus today's rest day April 30th). We're not fresh this time around and we are coming off COVID. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

YOU ARE YELLING BUT ALSO INCORRECT.

THE CANUCKS WERE THE HOTTEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE IN MARCH. 

They were 10th in March by point percentage.  In 13 games they went 8-4-1 for a 0.654 ppg.

Only Montreal did better in the division at 0.667.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

no, I don't wonder about that and even if I did, it would not change the past, present or the future.

blaming the coach or the GM or the players, is just anger. this anger won't get jim or green fired.

anger hurts everyone nearby the emotion.

however, anger is needed to live a proper life, but on this forum. anger does more harm than good.

even if covid or the injuries are not the problem with this teams failure. Who am I to blame someone who can't defend themselves?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MikeyD said:

You guys whining about the code is pretty sad. They're making a story out of nothing. Edler didn't have to fight. He chose to. He could have declined against Simmonds.

Or he could have been a man and actually tried to fight. Instead he played voluntary punching bag and now the Vancouver media is crying about it. 

Props to Edler, but he doesn't need the media sticking up for him for no reason. 

Slightly disappointed that you suggests Edler could have declined the invitation (although true)... Can you imagine the backlash, had he done so?

We all want the team to show some backbone, and when the older statesman, who is a non fighter, still stands up, knowing its going to hurt, it earns respect, and shows the younger players, they need to stand up to be counted... 

As you rightly said, mega props to Edler. Would have liked to see some of the Laughs getting rocked afterwards, but maybe the boys just don't have the energy, or maybe its just not really in their DNA... 

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1