The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Wilson fined $5000... wait, what!?

Rate this topic

39 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The NHLPA is as much of a joke as the DoPS. 

You're right, it's as much on them for limiting the fines to such a small amount.  But the real issue here is that he should have been suspended, especially since he's such a repeat offender and has got away with so much already.  Both the NHL and the NHLPA are as greedy and corrupt as they come.  As long as the money keeps flowing there isn't even an attempt to do the right thing.  The disrespect for the players starts at the top, and filters down through everything else.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Rangers have released this statement:

E0k350kXsAYdt1t?format=jpg&name=large

Love it and it takes balls to say something and stand-up. This league is corrupt. Parros is at the very least inept, but probably inept and corrupt. 

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Is this really all he’s going to get?  The fine and that’s all?  No face to face player meeting or anything at all?  That’s really ridiculous if he gets to play again next game, or again this season for that matter. Someone’s going to take a Marty McSorely golf swing at his noggin.

• Vintage 1

Given the statement from the Ranger orginization; I expect a large monetary fine to be imposed on them.

The league has a history of cracking down on anybody employed, by the NHL or teams in the league; that bring the league or it's officiating into disrepute.

I said it earlier, Rangers should not show up for tommorrows game against the Caps.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Rags need to ice goons next game vs the Caps and just run all their quality players. Kuzzy, Backstrom, Carlson, Oshie, Mantha should all be fair game. I would say OV too but he’s a solid 240lbs. 

Tommorrow.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Given the statement from the Ranger orginization; I expect a large monetary fine to be imposed on them.

The league has a history of cracking down on anybody employed, by the NHL or teams in the league; that bring the league or it's officiating into disrepute.

I said it earlier, Rangers should not show up for tommorrows game against the Caps.

They probably not only fine them even more, but start taking away draft picks

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Rangers have released this statement:

E0k350kXsAYdt1t?format=jpg&name=large

Good to see the Rangers standing up to the league.

The league usually doesn't take kindly when a team challenges them... will be interesting to see how things go from here.

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

They probably not only fine them even more, but start taking away draft picks

Tis possible, but then the Rangers up the ante; and begin  to explore starting a competing league.

As an American, original 6 and hugely wealthy team, they should have enough clout to back the league into doing the right thing.

"Right thing"- hiring an outside agency to review and make recomendations to change the way the Dops runs.

Other have pointed out, why aren't former Lady Bing, classy scorers allowed into dops? It seems you have to have been either a goon or enforcer to get a job there.

What is Mike Bossy doing now?

Or either of the Sedins?

These guys took  hooks, slashes and punches to the face for years and would be well aware of when the line is crossed.

Edited by gurn

2 minutes ago, khay said:

Good to see the Rangers standing up to the league.

The league usually doesn't take kindly when a team challenges them... will be interesting to see how things go from here.

Especially since this is an original six team. This is huge.

• Upvote 2

If I'm the Capitals coach I keep Ovie and a few others out of the game tommorrow.

A number of Rangers will figure " Why take on/out Wilson, just cripple Ovie; a star for a star.- Which is actually how I'd like to see the Canucks respond to dirty play.

Run Hughes? We'll batter and bruise your best d man. Run Petey? Get ready to lose your best forward, whoever that might be.

Goon on goon is useless.

• Cheers 1

Just now, gurn said:

If I'm the Capitals coach I keep Ovie and a few others out of the game tommorrow.

A number of Rangers will figure " Why take on/out Wilson, just cripple Ovie; a star for a star.- Which is actually how I'd like to see the Canucks respond to dirty play.

Run Hughes? We'll batter and bruise your best d man. Run Petey? Get ready to lose your best forward, whoever that might be.

Goon on goon is useless.

This is how it used to be and their is anecdotal evidence of such. Be it incidents I've heard of involving Yzerman and Bure, Wendel Clark and others. Thing is the Rangers are as weak and inept as the Canucks. This furthers my point to where the team needs a legit tough guy to help Zak. Other teams won't mess with our stars if they know we can mess with theirs. 

• Upvote 1