The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Suspended 1 Game] MacEwen to have hearing for kneeing Oilers' Nurse

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I went through the video frame by frame and not in any frame do I see Nurses head move the slightest which it would do if bumped. What Nurse did was way more dangerous but I guess Wilson already proved body slams are OK. I’m sure the suspension would be easy to swallow if there was any consistency, the lack of it is what pisses people off.

What Nurse did should deserve suspension.  Same with Wilson.  That needs to change.  There should be a better scale and more consistency. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, to me its a complete joke and sends the wrong message. 

You can't just be ok with it and move on. First, you have to publicly call out the head of DOPS and accept the fine.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, spur1 said:

Mac should appeal which would allow him to play Saturday. Then he could beat on Nurse some more. 

this is just the prelude. My bet is we are going to get 6 or 7 penalties on Saturday to ensure McBaby gets his 100 points on Saturday night. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this is just the prelude. My bet is we are going to get 6 or 7 penalties on Saturday to ensure McBaby gets his 100 points on Saturday night. 

Where's Tonya Harding when you need her?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Parros isn't even trying to appear honest anymore.  MacEwen should use the time off to fly down to NYC and put that crooked dirtbag in the ICU since the NHL refuses to hold him accountable.  I'll gladly kick in towards the fine if Aquilini does the right thing and backs up the Rangers in their request to install an honest individual as the head of the DOPS.

Reverse effect.  Per Seravalli: 

According to multiple team and league sources, the Rangers’ statement galvanized support for Parros and the Department of Player Safety from other teams and general managers in feedback that was delivered to the commissioner’s office. That support did not wane after gloves littered the Garden ice on Wednesday night.

Nearly half of the NHL’s general managers – the gatekeepers of the league who collectively influence the policy that governs Parros’ department – were canvassed for this story and not one expressed concern or doubt about Parros’ competence.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

We should just play the game without a goalie or d men to make McJesus sought after 100 point a farce. 

If the NHL want to be a joke, let's give them what they want. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, mll said:

Reverse effect.  Per Seravalli: 

According to multiple team and league sources, the Rangers’ statement galvanized support for Parros and the Department of Player Safety from other teams and general managers in feedback that was delivered to the commissioner’s office. That support did not wane after gloves littered the Garden ice on Wednesday night.

Nearly half of the NHL’s general managers – the gatekeepers of the league who collectively influence the policy that governs Parros’ department – were canvassed for this story and not one expressed concern or doubt about Parros’ competence.

The more teams do it, the more pressure on the NHL.  It needs to be made abundantly clear that Parros is the problem, not the Rangers.

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

We should just olay the game without a goalie or d men to make McJesus sought after 100 point a farce. 

If the NHL want to be a joke, let's give them what they want. 

or we could put Silvos in net, make the 100 points have an asterisk beside it.

Meh, just more inconsistent BS from the NHL office. Par for the course. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

The more teams do it, the more pressure on the NHL.  It needs to be made abundantly clear that Parros is the problem, not the Rangers.

Except GMs are supporting him.  It’s GMs that decide the rule book that the DoPS has to enforce.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

or we could put Silvos in net, make the 100 points have an asterisk beside it.

Meh, just more inconsistent BS from the NHL office. Par for the course. 

Nahh let's put Loui in net. Now that would be an asterisk. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mll said:

Except GMs are supporting him.  It’s GMs that decide the rule book that the DoPS has to enforce.

Because they're afraid of the fine  No one in their right mind looks at the garbage Parros has pulled and thinks that's acceptable.  He belongs in prison for criminal negligence.

Not sure how thats a suspendable play but the body slam, cross check to the head, slash, and throat punches by Nurse arent even reviewable.

Honestly, I am not one for another Bertuzzi incident but someone needs to rough up McDavid next game. Like elbow to the face like he did to Schmidt. Another play that was borne out of frustration and should have resukted in a suspension.

• Cheers 3