The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Suspended 1 Game] MacEwen to have hearing for kneeing Oilers' Nurse

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

You have got to be kidding me. I watched the clip of the play in question, and there isn't a knee of any sort. There is lots of footage of Nurse doing a lumberjack impression though.

Yup, the dangerous play in that incident was the cheap ass takedown in the fight.  That was brutal

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

It was knee on arm.

I'm sure that he'll get the rest of the season for that, I mean, the league wouldn't set an unfair standard, would it? I mean, after letting Wilson off the other day with a gentle slap on the wrist???

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Yup, the dangerous play in that incident was the cheap ass takedown in the fight.  That was brutal

Edit: missed the knee to the head.  Still not as bad as the takedown

The takedown by Nurse

The hit by Hamonic

The hit on highmore from whoever the Oiler player was don't care for his name

All had potential to be looked at and/or fined/suspended but instead they're looking at THIS? THIS?? 

Didnt McDavid also elbow Schmidt? I dont have footage

• Vintage 1

The DOPeS are in a bad mood after getting called out and embarrassed in/by a big market.

Doing their usual, inconsistent,  knee-jerk thing.

Don't have the spine to balance the obvious out - make Nurse accountable for his ridiculous nut sack grab takedown - that was no better, no less dangerous than a slewfoot or lowbridge.

But let's be real - is anyone truly surprised by this?

• Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

The DOPeS are in a bad mood after getting called out and embarrassed in/by a big market.

Doing their usual, inconsistent,  knee-jerk thing.

Don't have the spine to balance the obvious out - make Nurse accountable for his ridiculous nut sack grab takedown - that was no better, no less dangerous than a slewfoot or lowbridge.

But let's be real - is anyone truly surprised by this?

No surprise, this is geographical. Bad call big news in NY, there's a reaction. Bad call 5000 km away on the westcoast why bother, taht's the only explanation

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I want to see the McDavid elbow on Schmidt again. Anyone have that clip?

it was showed many times last night and Smidt spitting up blood right after, NO PENALTY!!! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I see some suggesting the hit on Highmore was bad. To be honest it doesnt look predatory or even the head being the principal point of contact. That looks like a legal check to me.

On another note, ask yourself what you would think of it if Highmore did it to Archibald. Would you be calling for a suspension?

I wouldnt in either case.

• Like 1