The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, it looks like that might be best for them. Just start over, with the core of young guys they have. Maybe they would have some interest in Juolevi or DiPietro.

I don't understand Green, Juolevi has been good, he has only 1 less goal than Hughes, and he's worked very hard to get here. Why didn't he play Juolevi when the games mattered? Is the goalless Edler that much better than him? And watch, they'll re-sign Edler and possibly Hamonic, so where does that leave Juolevi? 

I wish he would give Juolevi some games and actual minutes. He didn’t play Juolevi when the games mattered which is fine he’s trying to ice his best team but during this stretch when the games don’t matter he still won’t get him into any games. Let the kid sink or swim!

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I imagine the market for Reinhart will be beyond our price point. His value is as a center and there are just too many teams needing a top tier center ahead of us in the grocery aisle.

I think any team expecting him to be the answer at center will be disappointed, but someone will likely bite.  I like his game a lot more as a playmaking winger; him and Horvat would compliment each other much like Miller and Petey.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't understand Green, Juolevi has been good, he has only 1 less goal than Hughes, and he's worked very hard to get here. Why didn't he play Juolevi when the games mattered? Is the goalless Edler that much better than him? And watch, they'll re-sign Edler and possibly Hamonic, so where does that leave Juolevi? 

I know, I had the same question - especially after Green came out the other day and said publicly that he wouldn't hesitate to put young players into positions of more responsibility on the ice - but you gotta dress them in order for that to happen, right? 

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

I know, I had the same question - especially after Green came out the other day and said publicly that he wouldn't hesitate to put young players into positions of more responsibility on the ice - but you gotta dress them in order for that to happen, right? 

or sure, and it was easy to see how tired the team has been since returning from COVID and hitting the road. Juolevi was probably feeling pretty fresh. Edler is an older guy, probably needed the rest.

• Vintage 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

Lind too.  Michaelis obviously doesn't have much of a future here, or anywhere else.

Exactly.  I'm specifically speaking of OJ, Lind, Gajo, MDP, ect... - with this season being 'unofficially' over for some time now you'd think they'd look immediately to next season and give some of these kids a look - I mean a 'real' look, not just calling them up and making them wait in a hotel room. 

• Vintage 2

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

OJ looks like he will be solid once we get a decent coach in there; I liked what I saw.  Grab Edvinsson in the draft and that's a really solid left side going forward.  I'd be pretty open to including Rathbone for a guy like Reinhart, who has great hockey sense and previous chemistry with Bo.

we already have 5 lefties we need so right shot dmen Myers only right shot guy

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I think any team expecting him to be the answer at center will be disappointed, but someone will likely bite.  I like his game a lot more as a playmaking winger; him and Horvat would compliment each other much like Miller and Petey.

I agree, as he has been often been moved between wing and center. I just think that the price point he will come at because of the amount of teams wanting him will put him beyond our range. With Hogs and maybe Pods someday in the top six, I think the efforts are better spent on a top defensive D. 

Just now, rekker said:

I agree, as he has been often been moved between wing and center. I just think that the price point he will come at because of the amount of teams wanting him will put him beyond our range. With Hogs and maybe Pods someday in the top six, I think the efforts are better spent on a top defensive D. 

I'd love another defensive D, but I think there's some good options in the draft with Edvinsson or move down a few spots to take Svozil if we miss out.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

we already have 5 lefties we need so right shot dmen Myers only right shot guy

Gotta get Hamonic signed. Just so important. And yes, another real good righty would be great. If that happens, sorry Eddy love you, but it's time to move on unless he's ready to accept a bottom pairing depth role and money.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Schmidt is comfortable on the right side and I really want to get Woo's skillset in there.

Edvinsson-Myers

Hughes-Woo

OJ-Schmidt

ya hes comfy on right but he still is a left hand shot Rathbone is better than Juolevi I don't wanna trade this kid we should try drafting Clarke and fire benning and all the coaches time for a big change

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, canuktravella said:

ya hes comfy on right but he still is a left hand shot Rathbone is better than Juolevi I don't wanna trade this kid we should try drafting Clarke and fire benning and all the coaches time for a big change

OJ has a much more well-rounded game; we haven't seen enough from him but I don't want to give up on him myself.

• Cheers 2

Someone else can have him, I'd rather run with our young top end guys and newer guys like Podz and Hoglander. Our top six should be fine next season, I'd take a harder look at our D and our bottom six. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'd love another defensive D, but I think there's some good options in the draft with Edvinsson or move down a few spots to take Svozil if we miss out.

Picking up a stud D ready to insert into the lineup, even in a bottom pairing role, would be ideal. The chances of drafting a future top four D in the spots we may be drafting in looks very promising. Almost makes this year somewhat worth the pain. We need a top, young, cheap, ready to grow with this core dman sooo badly. RIP Luc, but a Luc Bourdon type would be perfect. 

Just now, canuktravella said:

we need to shed as much cap as possible  id try unloading Pearson and Virtanen and Rafferty for  Reinhart and a 3rd

Hope Eriksson retires and Roussel gets bought out and kraken pick Holtby or Beagle

• Haha 1