The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Draft. Luke Hughes...

Rate this topic

KirkSave

At this rate, if we keep losing or even manage just 1 more win, we will finish 4th worst, just one spot back of NJ. After the lotto balls drop, if NJ still picks before us, I imagine they draft Luke to reunite him with his older brother Jack as a Devil and if not, perhaps we select him if he's the BPA.

Nobody knows what the future holds but as it stands now, Luke Hughes has a chance to play with one of his brothers in the NHL-pretty cool stuff.

*If we win the lotto and pick 1st, I doubt we select LH. I think he will be very excited to see the draft selection order!

• Cheers 2

I hate drafting players based on emotional/irrational factors like most people in this forum. EX: Virtanen is from Vancouver therefore he will be the next Cam Neely/Milan Lucic.

But I have seen Luke play and he is pretty impressive so I wouldn't mind drafting him.

14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If we win 1st we should draft Power. Potential is too damn high. Luke has some issues in his own zone but if he can get over that he’s gonna have the potential to be a great D. 

This team can certainly use some Power, if he's gone before we pick and if Hughes is available then we should pick him. 

17 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

I hate drafting players based on emotional/irrational factors like most people in this forum. EX: Virtanen is from Vancouver therefore he will be the next Cam Neely/Milan Lucic.

But I have seen Luke play and he is pretty impressive so I wouldn't mind drafting him.

Virtanen if from New Westminster. I knew there would be problems.. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

We need to pick whoever is best when we get to them, and this is one area I trust Benning. Not sure Hughes would even want to play together. Imagine seeing your sibling and working with them every day? I'd hate that.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KirkSave said:

At this rate, if we keep losing or even manage just 1 more win, we will finish 4th worst, just one spot back of NJ. After the lotto balls drop, if NJ still picks before us, I imagine they draft Luke to reunite him with his older brother Jack as a Devil and if not, perhaps we select him if he's the BPA.

Nobody knows what the future holds but as it stands now, Luke Hughes has a chance to play with one of his brothers in the NHL-pretty cool stuff.

*If we win the lotto and pick 1st, I doubt we select LH. I think he will be very excited to see the draft selection order!

wow so negative, how about 28th best!!!!

sarcasm aside, I think Luke is the best of the Hughes. if we select Luke, no complaints from me. 

if we get all three we could give our opponent our best HueHueHue's

Edited by Petey_BOI

34 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Clarke's a recently converted forward.  Not comfortable with that issue personally.

Edvinsson or Power is the stronger choice but I don't know if we're going to pick high enough to get either. If we're around #6-#9, it'll come down to Hughes/Clarke/Lambos and I really think Clarke is the strongest choice. We have to give Rathbone/Juolevi a chance to perform and play a top four role before we go and get another LHD. However, if we can get Edvinsson or Power than we do it. So it really depends. This rebuild could've been over by now if we hadn't mortgaged the future so much for a few playoff runs. 

• Vintage 1

Power reminds me a lot of Ekblad. Really good at almost everything albeit not super elite at anything with not many inconsistencies. If his game matures well he'll be stud.

Seen comparisons to Hedman/Burns

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1