The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

except the two guys who just love to pad their own stats. kind of embarrassing for the oilers to play their team against an ahl team. but that is just what they do. oh how i hope he oilers are out in the first. 

The Oilers outside of those two, Larsson, and Nurse are also an AHL team.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I see a lot of similarities between this season and the 2007-08 season:

• Where we finished in the standings
  • Some of the young players close to reaching their prime
  • Linden's last game / potentially Edler's last game as a Canuck?

Cup final in 3 years. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

Maybe so they can play the kids instead of him the last three games if he gets a goal today.

No, if this is the last few games of his career as a Canuck you play him every one of them with ample ice time. It's called respect; I'm sure "the kids" get it, do you?

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

No love for #14? 

Maybe an ok guy, does have some coaching experience, however I will never forget all the penalties that guy would take with 3 minutes left in a game the team trailed in.

Friedman "crisis of confidence in the fans"

care to back that up by providing evidence Elliott?

A bunch of ranters on CDC doesn't count, because they alaways rant, no matter when or about what.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, KILLER said:

Some of the smarter guys on here could tell Benning how to achieve a better club. Start by being honest with what you have and what you need. 

The scary thing is I’m not sure he knows at this point.

In the beginning I could see the type of team he was trying to build. Now it seems like he has no clue how to build a team with an identity.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not sure trotting out more players from the 94 team is the answer. Seems like the Aquilinis are just trying to earn back fans good feelings towards the team.

Hire a president first and then go from there!

Maybe it's time Frank the Tank took a step back to let another of the bros meddle with this team?

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Friedman "crisis of confidence in the fans"

care to back that up by providing evidence Elliott?

A bunch of ranters on CDC doesn't count, because they alaways rant, no matter when or about what.

On Dahli & Donnie they had a bunch of season ticket holders telling them they weren't renewing with the status quo.

Definitely unrest in the market. As much as I wasn't a fan of it; alot of people did go to the length of getting a banner flown over the city.