The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Big T will return and we will fire Brown and Baum

Eddie will retire and we will bring in some support via trade. 

Ya you lost me here. Unrealistic. 

A guy who hasn't played NHL hockey in 4 years is going to turn around our d core. Yeah. Okay. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Any of our young players really. Why not see how they handle it? The games literally mean nothing at this point other than to evaluate for next year.

Which ones? Specifically. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Virtanen and Juolevi say hi.

However like I said if we win out our games we’ll be picking like 11th.

Being at 5 doesn’t guarantee you anything but at least you have more options to catch a stud that slips out of the top 3-4.

Getting a Clarke, Edvinsson, Hughes is exactly what this team needs.

We will get a very good prospect at 9-12 too.  Ceulemans or Morrow would be great to have, and one of those two for sure should be there when we pick.  

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You were saying 

I stand by what I said. 1 goal in a meaningless game at the end of a season against an ECHL goaltender doesn’t do anything for me. 

he’s been gifted PP time and has done absolutely nothing with it. 

he’s clearly an NHLer as a 13/14 F. I just won’t be sad to see him go. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Problem is Green playing the vets still, making it like its game 7 of the stanley cup finals instead of playing our younger players more to see what ee have. So we miss out on player evaluation, miss out on good draft pick for what? Winning this game with the vets sitting would be one thing but winning it with waiver pickups and washed up vets that probably wont be with us next season accomplishes nothing.

It's the last game of the season. Green needs to be able to go up to the podium with his head held high and proclaim he's the best coach in the world like he really means it.  His job is on the line and he knows it. 

2 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I stand by what I said. 1 goal in a meaningless game at the end of a season against an ECHL goaltender doesn’t do anything for me. 

He hardly brings nothing he is just not a top 6 player either he is not going to command big term or $ if we decide to keep him. 

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ya you lost me here. Unrealistic. 

A guy who hasn't played NHL hockey in 4 years is going to turn around our d core. Yeah. Okay. 

I`m just messing with you.

But I also didn`t say he would turn it around on his own

I also mentioned a trade and a retirement.

We`ll be ok, this team is heading the right direction.....up

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Well who in their right mind would sign an ECHL goaltender to 4.5 million a year? :lol:

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Highmore is literally signed next year for just 725k.

I wasnt talking about Highmore. I was talking about Boyd today but really all the years we have seen scrubs light it up against teams resting for the playoffs and all the proclamatiobs how great they are as Benning re-signs them. Its a pretty common theme with the Canucks.