The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Other than Hamonic, who arguably isn't playing much over his salary anyway, has JB ever got a 'bargain' on the FA market? 

Very good point!! For the sake of knowing, I went on to Spotrac to trace back our FA signings in the past 10 years... I looked so hard to only find 3 decent good value signings:

2017: Thomas Vanek 1-year $2M

2013: Santorelli and Richardson both under $1M

It just shows you JB maybe good at drafting kids and pulling big trades... but he kinda SUCKS at finding good bargains in the FA market!!! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Strange, as the game is in Vancouver, so why not John and john, especially if Rick and Cassie are in Alberta watching on their t.v.s

Doesn't even need to be John and John for me to be some what happy. Just not the 100% Calgary team, with Calgary cuts between plays and what not. But yes, very odd that the  ones watching TVs are the one calling it :huh:

I know it's obvious, but I'll predict that the Canucks will be up 5-1 going into the 3rd period, then the Flames will score 4 unanswered to force OT before Vancouver wins it.  Don't laugh, it could happen.

5 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

anyone else watching?  I missed the predication thread so I'll post it here:

4-2 Flames

Johnny Hockey

Not sure of the bonus question so I'll with Canucks with more shots

bonus bonus question will Travis be the Canucks coach when the 2021-22 season starts - No

You are wrong on all questions. 

1 minute ago, Angry Goose said:

Myers has really stepped up his play compared to the beginning of the season.   Gives me hope for next season

Agreed!!! his skating and movement seem so much smoother and steady compared to last season...