The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

46 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Green is being a bit harsh... we would never know if the kids got potential to stick in the NHL if we don't give at least 5+ games especially these are mean nothing games!!  We should let DiPietro have a start too!

Season is over before he gets out of quarantine.  He is currently in New York with the Canadian Worlds team, en route to Latvia 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but so what? kid needs the minutes to grow his game. I'd rather see him get some learnin' in. Maybe there's some sort of recall reason, the whole taxi and recall thing has been complicated. 

dude chill. did i insult him in anyway? did i say he shouldnt get minutes?

i merely answered someone's question

• Haha 1

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

dude chill. did i insult him in anyway? did i say he shouldnt get minutes?

i merely answered someone's question

I am chill, no one said you insulted anyone. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, bree2 said:

who knows maybe Gadj hurt his hand in that fight , that could be a reason he  is not playing. but hey Green has done a good  job at rotating the young guys in . i thought that is what most of you wanted., but you complain anyways:picard: 

Spare me. I’ve been defending our coach from the FIRE GREEN brigade for most of the season it seems.

3 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Not sure if he'll be in the line-up but want to see OJ play more.

Same. He's been steady every time he's played. In my opinion, it's in the team's best interests to give this guy a consistent roster spot going forward. Yet......here we are.

• Huggy Bear 1

40 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

only takes about 1 click to check my numbers.

here were my minimums i lowered them to include anyone who played 10 or more games and 1+SH minutes TOI PG. he then improves to 2nd. I'm not discluding many players here, just the ones who aren't regulars.  when you lower  it  to  0.5 a minute  and 5GP he becomes 7th worst, 3 of those  players played  less than 10x as many minutes as Hamonic.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?aggregate=0&report=penaltykill&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20202021&seasonTo=20202021&gameType=2&position=D&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,10&filter=shTimeOnIcePerGame,gte,1&sort=ppGoalsAgainstPer60&page=0&pageSize=50

http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?aggregate=0&report=penaltykill&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20202021&seasonTo=20202021&gameType=2&position=D&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,5&filter=shTimeOnIcePerGame,gte,0.5&sort=ppGoalsAgainstPer60&page=0&pageSize=50

remember recently when I agreed with one of your posts and thought we were starting to bond??

Yeah, no....

• Haha 2

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Same. He's been steady every time he's played. In my opinion, it's in the team's best interests to give this guy a consistent roster spot going forward. Yet......here we are.

Yup, I don't get it..Really, What do we have to lose? and we drafted him so high.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, nux4lyfe said:

Yup, I don't get it..Really, What do we have to lose? and we drafted him so high.

Not sure. He's done everything asked of a defenseman. He's shown poise in his own end, has a physical edge to his play, and has potted a couple of timely goals. 

• Like 1