The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

50 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If we do have a new coach next season I’d like to see the top 6 lines reimagined a little.

Pettersson Horvat Boeser

Hoglander Miller Podkolzin 

Put Horvat in an offensive role and take away center responsibilities from Petey.

Loading up that top line and keeping Miller at center could really bolster our offense IMO.

Love the look of those lines, my curiosity is more towards how our defence pairings are going to be. 

28 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

I could see something like:

Hughes Hamonic 

Rathbone Schmidt 

Juolevi  Myers 

Chatfield - Veteran UFA

Would love to see Hamonic back, question is what does Edler do? I can see Canucks making a splash on David Savard, or Montour, or Bogosian

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan

9 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

in the next 2 games I will cheer for the team,  whatever happens, happens. however I would hate to see to see more useless negativity if they happen to win 2 straight, many people don't like it.

We would all like them to win - BUT - that will shoot us down from 6th to 9th spot in the draft and FOR WHAT GAIN ???????????????????????????????Two nights ago we were in 4th spot until we got stuck with that dumb point after the late game rally.   What did that accomplish??????????????????????

TG did this to us a few years back when he had the team going on a late season winning streak (more than once) which screwed up our draft slot, all in the name of saving his job.  Well it doesn't matter this year for Green because in less than 48 hours he'll BE HISTORY.  So Lose - we must.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Vintage 1

Was this 1:00 p.m. weekday start time a brainchild of CBC Toronto - or - was it at the request of Canucks ownership, so we could be "spared" the pain of watching TG try to hobble some entertainment for us before he's fired in less than 48 hours?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We would all like them to win - BUT - that will shoot us down from 6th to 9th spot in the draft and FOR WHAT GAIN ???????????????????????????????Two nights ago we were in 4th spot until we got stuck with that dumb point after the late game rally.   What did that accomplish??????????????????????

TG did this to us a few years back when he had the team going on a late season winning streak (more than once) which screwed up our draft slot, all in the name of saving his job.  Well it doesn't matter this year for Green because in less than 48 hours he'll BE HISTORY.  So Lose - we must.

Just like the players during these meaningless All Star Games - Green is just padding his stats.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

I prey for a 4-3 lose. With Lockwood and Hoglander strongs games with points. 
I’m not an Edler fan (what a surprise) but i wish him to score his 100th. (And fly away after) 

i just want to secure a really good pick and stop racking useless points that prevent the organisation to select the missing piece. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

I’m not an Edler fan (what a surprise) but i wish him to score his 100th. (And fly away after) 

i just want to secure a really good pick and stop racking useless points that prevent the organisation to select the missing piece. 

Now your talking !

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Inside sources have been insinuating that Holtby might suddenly retire, then become our GM.

It makes a lot of sense, but then what about the ED?!

Holtby becomes our “Snow” man.  :frantic:

4 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

As it stands now we are picking anywhere from 6th to 9th. Due to the 2 lottery picks and Seattle picking no lower than 5th we could drop as low as 12th, worst case scenario. So realistically, whether we pick 6th or 12th it's not going to make much difference to us picking ' the missing piece'. That will only happen if we finally hit the jackpot and win a lottery pick.

For now...just hope to be entertained by the last 2 games...win or lose.

• Like 1