The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Or, you could see the other side of it.

The fact that owners are "consulting with" others means they are allowing others to think and weigh in.

Going down this road again?    It's not uncommon for hockey people to be involved in...hockey, even after they stop playing.  We have a number of people in the organization who are former players.

They haven't made any moves/decisions yet, yet you're already criticizing them. 

They hired Linden. Gave him the responsibility to oversee the teams future. As soon as Linden wanted to go down a path that they disagreed with they removed him. They always hire inexperienced people. Why. 

I am not criticizing as much as I am saying look at their past actions. 

Yes hockey people often move from playing into management. They don't usually get given the control of an entire organization without any management experience. IE , Linden. Who knows, maybe Courtnall.

When has this ownership group hired an experienced management group?

If the answer is never. We must ask ourselves , WHY?

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I think Woo will be a couple years yet if he’s gonna make the show 

Hope to see him doing injury relief work with the Canucks, next season. 10 games in Vancouver, the rest in Abbotsford.

• Cheers 2

54 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Was Courtnall in St Louis when Davidson was in that organization? I don't know if he's a good fit here, but, he has roots in BC.

I think Geoff was dealing with personal demons during that time.  Thankfully, he's won that battle (due to efforts like friends like ex-Canuck Cam Neely).

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

He would insulate the owners from the fan base. Just like Linden did. As soon as he starts thinking for himself they will can him. The fact that they are going down this road again shows that they are not willing to turn the club over to an experienced  team builder and let him do his job. 

They want to meddle. Jim Benning has been a puppet. The only thing he ever did without the owners interference was the draft. 

That is my concern. 

Even the draft... I hear JV was an Aquamnan pick

There.. Is that how we start rumours here? ::D

Edited by CanucksJay

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

I think Woo will be a couple years yet if he’s gonna make the show 

I agree perhaps not next year, still think we need another 5,6,7 D not being filled by Chatfield. I can see them either re-upping Eddie for 1 year on a huge discount or look to Bringing in a UFA. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We would all like them to win - BUT - that will shoot us down from 6th to 9th spot in the draft and FOR WHAT GAIN ???????????????????????????????Two nights ago we were in 4th spot until we got stuck with that dumb point after the late game rally.   What did that accomplish??????????????????????

TG did this to us a few years back when he had the team going on a late season winning streak (more than once) which screwed up our draft slot, all in the name of saving his job.  Well it doesn't matter this year for Green because in less than 48 hours he'll BE HISTORY.  So Lose - we must.

did it matter for the teams who were at the 9th 10th spots last year and they shot all the way up to 2nd and 3rd

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Burn It Down Dont Care GIF

Hopefully we clean house with our coaching staff, we have some skill in the line up but are very easy to play against and soft as cashmere. 

Go Canucks GO!

vancouver-anim.gif?fm=gif&frame=all&q=50

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, bree2 said:

did it matter for the teams who were at the 9th 10th spots last year and they shot all the way up to 2nd and 3rd

Was it the Rags that ended up with the first overall? Seems to me the Devils magically ended up getting moved up about 6 notches too in a previous year. The Canucks have never got that first overall, I believe we're due....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

I could see something like:

Hughes Hamonic 

Rathbone Schmidt 

Juolevi  Myers 

Chatfield - Veteran UFA

whose killing then penalties?

schmidt and myers ok......

Juolevi and Hamonic? yikes.........