The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tkachuk may want out of Calgary

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

No he’s not.

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

hmm.... dunno about that. He's a mirage of actual toughness, which is the problem. If he was an actual physical threat maybe, but he's really not. Brady is the player I'd want if we were really targeting a Tkachuk. 

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

How so? Please be specific. 

11 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Lmao wut

Horvat: 0.6 ppg 

EP: 0.9  ppg

MT: 0.8 ppg

MT is like Burrows with size, skill and hands. Imagine him on a good team, with a great coach and years of maturity. PF’s always talk longer to reach their full potential. MT has huge upside. I’ll give the edge to EP cause he is a centre but MT is no joke. In a 7 game series with The Avs or Knights, MT would probably have a bigger impact than EP. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

MT is like Burrows with size, skill and hands. Imagine him on a good team, with a great coach and years of maturity. PF’s always talk longer to reach their full potential. MT has huge upside. I’ll give the edge to EP cause he is a centre but MT is no joke. In a 7 game series with The Avs or Knights, MT would probably have a bigger impact than EP. 

Hes such a pu**y tho. Do you like pu**y players or sumtin?

• Haha 2

On 6/21/2021 at 8:31 PM, TNucks1 said:

9th OA/Boes/lind or would it be more honestly not entirely sure about the worth, i dont pay attention too anything flames wise.

Cost will be very high. He's a top tier player in the NHL.

He's a star player. Every team in the NHL would love to have him. 

Start with Boeser and add good NHL ready prospect and a 2nd. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Convincing John said:

OK here I will agree - if MT knocks of the BS he does have even more to contribute. Will he? dunno. But right now I wouldn't want him here. Brady in a heartbeat tho. 

11 hours ago, Convincing John said:

he’s got 5 points in 15 career playoff games. Even if you remove the 4 games from his rookie year, 5 points in 11 games is absolutely nothing to write home about. 

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Cost will be very high. He's a top tier player in the NHL.

He's a star player. Every team in the NHL would love to have him. 

Start with Boeser and add good NHL ready prospect and a 2nd. 

Remove one of those secondary pieces and maybe that’s a fair price. 

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I’m not disputing his skills but I would not trade Boesser straight across, never mind adding. BB is the poster child for class while MT could be the spokesperson for Summer’s Eve.

i'd do boeser for MT but Flames wouldnt, my first proposal was a little off, but i'd think maybe boeser+2nds closer, although i seriously doubt flames even consider trading with a division rival.

On 6/30/2021 at 10:20 AM, 4petesake said:

I’m not disputing his skills but I would not trade Boesser straight across, never mind adding. BB is the poster child for class while MT could be the spokesperson for Summer’s Eve.

As much as I'd prefer it to be the other way around, Tkachuk does generally have more points than Boeser per season at this point, is younger than Boeser, and has more grit than Boeser. Therefore, if I was given a choice between having either 1 on a team I would probably pick Tkachuk at this point.

Who knows though. Maybe that will change in the future. I like both players but one just edges out the other in my opinion. Not to mention, Tkachuk's kind of what I was hoping Virtanen would have become.

Edited by The Lock

14 hours ago, The Lock said:

As much as I'd prefer it to be the other way around, Tkachuk does generally have more points than Boeser per season at this point, is younger than Boeser, and has more grit than Boeser. Therefore, if I was given a choice between having either 1 on a team I would probably pick Tkachuk at this point.

Who knows though. Maybe that will change in the future. I like both players but one just edges out the other in my opinion. Not to mention, Tkachuk's kind of what I was hoping Virtanen would have become.

Yup I agree too. If Tkachuk is offered to us, straight up for Boeser, I'd pull the trigger without hesitation. Matt Tkachuk just impacts the game in more levels that Boeser. But then, imagine what would've been had Tkachuk, Pettersson and Boeser been on the same line? Thanks Jim!

• CanucksCountry changed the title to [Rumour] Tkachuk may want out of Calgary