The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tkachuk may want out of Calgary

5 hours ago, 4petesake said:

To add insult to this his baby brother said on a podcast that he wished Matt’s teammates stuck up for him more. Surprised his mom didn’t give the Flames a good scolding to boot. ::D

I am so happy we never chose this piece of dirt. His own teammates won't even stick up for the turd. That about says it all. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 4petesake said:

To add insult to this his baby brother said on a podcast that he wished Matt’s teammates stuck up for him more. Surprised his mom didn’t give the Flames a good scolding to boot. ::D

Honestly teammates probably get sick of standing up for him every time he gets himself in trouble.

The same thing happened with Matt Cooke. After awhile it’s like “seriously, stop doing dumb sh@$ and expecting us to bail you out”

The difference between Matthew and Brady is that Brady actually plays fairly clean is able to stand up for himself when he crosses the line.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Honestly teammates probably get sick of standing up for him every time he gets himself in trouble.

The same thing happened with Matt Cooke. After awhile it’s like “seriously, stop doing dumb sh@$ and expecting us to bail you out”

The difference between Matthew and Brady is that Brady actually plays fairly clean is able to stand up for himself when he crosses the line.

I can’t remember the exact circumstances but back in the days of the goons one of the Oilers did something very Tkachuk-like and off-ice Semenko grabbed him, swore at him and said that because of his bullshizz that he (Semenko) was going to have to fight the other team’s goon in the next period. Guys like Cooke and Tkachuk write checks that other guys have to cash and it pisses them off.

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is Freidman proof enough?

“However, it sounds like Tkachuk was more upset with his teammates than he was at Muzzin’s bush league move. Here is how Elliotte Friedman explains it in his latest 31 Thoughts column on Sportsnet: 

“When Matthew Tkachuk exploded at the end of last Tuesday’s loss to Toronto, it wasn’t about Jake Muzzin flipping the puck at him. If you dish it out, you’ve got to take it. I think he was upset that no one joined him in the scrum.
Calgary held a players-only meeting last Friday, and it sounds like he conveyed that message. It was received, although some comments were made to him that it can’t be a riot every night. Get your feelings in the open, get it sorted out, and play. The results speak for themselves.””

Who referred to it as a "bush league move" Alf?   I'm guessing that must've been a Flames homer.

I don't see it as bush league whatsoever.  That kind of thing is bare minimum imo.  Good move by Muzzin.  I am literally shocked that Tkachuk is not the target of a whole lot more antagonism, cheap shots, facewashing and invitations to answer - I really think teams around the league have missed the boat on how to handle the guy.

Look at the reality there.  Push those buttons.   The Flames are not a 'heavy' team - they are not an intimidating team - Tkachuk doesn't play with anyone that is going to 'make you pay' for answering his bullshat in kind.  They are one Milan Lucic away from being a featherweight hockey team.  I mean, Sam Bennett was one of their 'heavier' presences' - and even he is gone.  Rasmus Anderson?  

I just don't get why teams haven't driven all over Tkachuk - he begs for it - and I'm not talking about being suckered into his bait - I'm talking about heading him off directly.   What Muzzin did was mere passive aggressive agitation - but a good move imo - anytime you can get a 'rat' cheapshot turtle artist like Tkachuk to come unhinged - that's some decent troll hunting.  The fact that Tkachuk is incensed that his team-mates didn't mop up after his antics - is pretty much point blank what is wrong with the guy = he's not accountable for himself - and it's light years beyond shelf life.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

On 6/21/2021 at 10:48 PM, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Ottawa definitely has the pieces to make a trade. And Dorion said he'd be willing to trade the 10th pick.

If I'm Calagry I think it's in their best interest to start looking into a longterm rebuild. Their team is quite pathetic.

I agree with your assessment of the Flames. But it also makes me wish for the old Northwest division. We feasted on teams like Calgary, Minnesota, and Edmontonw  and others. Then all of that abruptly changed with the new CBA. I love these new days and the genesis of greatness that is starting to blossom.

14 hours ago, SirCosmoDuffGordon said:

The Kings should be all of this. They could pick up him and Giordano and give themselves a good chance to make the playoffs next year. 

Doughty and Tkachuk in the same lineup would be a priceless primadonna show.

But I'm guessing that's something Giordano would prefer to be left out of.

Unless Rob Blake is a fn alchemical genius with a time machine, Los Angeles aint winning anything anytime soon.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Perhaps but I can't imagine the Flames entertaining a discussion to trade Tkachuck w/o a 1st Rounder and a quality NHL Player  

If they were asking for Boeser, then they damn well better live without a first round pick. Tkachuk is not better than Boeser.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Kinda revisionist history on Cooke isn't? Cooke was one of the very few players on the Canuck roster who would go to bat for his team mates. The common complaint and still is to a more limited degree that Canuck players would not step up. Cooke did many nights on his own. 

51 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Kinda revisionist history on Cooke isn't? Cooke was one of the very few players on the Canuck roster who would go to bat for his team mates. The common complaint and still is to a more limited degree that Canuck players would not step up. Cooke did many nights on his own. 

Cooke stepping up?

I think you might be thinking of a different player. Cooke was a notorious cheap shot artist and turtle around the league.

I loved the way he played but he crossed the line too much and couldn’t back it up.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Would I take Tkachuk on the Canucks? I am one of the few who would. There are plenty of examples of players that mature and smarten up. Nothing like a trade to smarten a player up. That said, the Flames are not sending him to Vancouver unless the return is stupid good (which I can't see Benning doing). Toronto, Ottawa, St Louis or Buffalo are the likely candidates. I can't see LA getting him unless they have a counselling session for Daughty. Ottawa has the assets and would put the brothers together. I could see Calgary trading with Toronto for Marner with a separate Gaudreau trade for someone else. More likely I see Tkachuk staying put and Giordano and Gaudreau being traded. Calgary should be a better team so Treliving has to do something to fix it. 

I just hope the off season has some transactions. The salary cap has sure killed the fun in the off season. It would be great to actually see some trades that we can talk about... Hoping for an interesting off season for a change. Tkachuk, Eichel, Marner, Gaudreau, Reinhart... what does Columbus do with Laine? There is so much potential there for some real deals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Matt Cooke had 21 career fights in 16 years. That's not even 2 a year. The player you're describing isn't the guy I remember at all.

I wonder how tanev and markstrom must feel seeing the fLames top player asking out lol.

They will be led by little Johnny and boring Mohanan again. :lol:

I doubt they will get anything good for him tbh, their fans think they can get Eichel for him lol. Two years away from free agency and is owed 9m for his next contract.. great contract by Tre. 

• Vintage 1

On 6/21/2021 at 8:25 PM, CanucksCountry said:

Sad thing.

Kid's got all the talent in the world. IQ, skills, grit; if only he could real in the crap antics that don't play in the NHL, he'd be a dominant force in the league.

Maybe a fresh start helps him to grow up a bit.

16 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'd be going to a lot more Royals games and either not watching or finding a new team.  Same deal as Messier.

And you're bang on about that, MM and Tkapuke are the same type of scum. Except, dare I say, in his prime, MM would smack the crap out of MT.