The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tkachuk may want out of Calgary

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Ridiculous.

I get that we’re desperate to add some truculence to the team but he isn’t the answer and definitely not at that price.

Trade brock trade Quinn sign edler sign harmonic!!! What the hell is going on around here these days???

image.gif.74b22ae7638cb3fb6498907704d279f9.gif

Edited by Bertuzzipunch
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Freidman proof enough?

“However, it sounds like Tkachuk was more upset with his teammates than he was at Muzzin’s bush league move. Here is how Elliotte Friedman explains it in his latest 31 Thoughts column on Sportsnet: 

“When Matthew Tkachuk exploded at the end of last Tuesday’s loss to Toronto, it wasn’t about Jake Muzzin flipping the puck at him. If you dish it out, you’ve got to take it. I think he was upset that no one joined him in the scrum.
Calgary held a players-only meeting last Friday, and it sounds like he conveyed that message. It was received, although some comments were made to him that it can’t be a riot every night. Get your feelings in the open, get it sorted out, and play. The results speak for themselves.””

He would lose it playing for Vancouver then.

the motto here is “defend yourself because no one else will”.

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tkachuk was never the player Vancouver should have taken. They needed to take the best defencman that year. His name is Mikhail Sergachev. 

I’d argue heavily Chychrun may be the best. Everyone thought he’d be the worse too but this season he broke out and has become a top D. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Me_ said:

He would lose it playing for Vancouver then.

the motto here is “defend yourself because no one else will”.

Why would we have someone else turtle like a gutless coward when he can do that himself?  Doubt Aquilini would go for this given how much it would cost to feed his beached whale of a father.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

He has a qualifying offer of $9 million and I think he could then elect arbitration and get a 1 year award that walks him to free agency in 2 seasons.

For a guy that hasn’t ever been a point per game player?  No thanks. 

If we want dumb antics, that is what a 3rd liner is for who you happily trade penalties when they take off the opposing best players.  I don’t want my highest paid player in the penalty box all the time and engaging in nonsense.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

F'Lames fans on HF Angry seem to think he's going to be traded for Eichel. 

… I am assuming they aren’t saying that they are  also sending their 1st and Goidreau out in that trade to even it out?

Just now, Provost said:

… I am assuming they aren’t saying that they are  also sending their 1st and Goidreau out in that trade to even it out?

It would be pretty funny to see MT sent to purgatory... er I mean Buffalo. 

Eichel is a huge risk too, so I wouldn't be worried to see that 10 mil contract with the F'Lames either. 

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Why would we have someone else turtle like a gutless coward when he can do that himself?  Doubt Aquilini would go for this given how much it would cost to feed his beached whale of a father.

The Tkachuck brothers, the Hughes brothers and Domi.

Make it happen.